9 II A Little Teasing

You watched as the scenery turned from houses and settlements to the fresh calming sights of the vast rural area of the dukedom. From the sight alone, you could tell the land is prosperous in every way. Acres and acres of crops spread to the land, even going beyond where your eyes couldn't see anymore. It looked similar to the farms you see in your world but somehow you felt more amazed to see the ones here. There's just something magical with it. Something more authentic in a positive way. 

    Especially the amount of farmers who went near the path of the carriage and waved their hats in respect to the carriage of their Duke. By their looks alone, they are contented with their lives and holds no contempt on their lord, if by management alone is your basis, then he'd be beyond good. 

The children, mostly daughters with knitted dolls, waved at you. You could hear them call you a Princess - though you aren't, after all you aren't married to a Prince - with so much energy you waved back at them through the window with an unknowing smile. If there's anything that's genuine and not part of an act, it would be your utter joy in knowing you bring happiness to such young children. 

    It was very joyous for you to see them giggle at each other when they saw you reciprocate their greeting. Hezekiah was busy waving his hand back calmly to the adults with a minuscule of smile. The head movement you caught in your peripheral must've been your imagination then. 

You shrugged before waving back once again. To be honest, you weren't really you doing anything out of character nor anything worth not showing to the ice cube with Red eyes in front of you, a color which is ironic compared to the cold color of Blue - the villainess has always bothered to keep up her act in front of the people who are out of her control to silence.

Even when your face and hands started to hurt maintaining continuous movements, it hadn't stopped you from enjoying. You might have looked a bit enthusiastic but you can't help yourself, you felt like a celebrity. Though your smile and movements waned in wonder, if the servants you have mistreated during the act, were family among these people. 

If there's anything that's hard to do with the act that has no rest? Is doing cruel things you do not want to do, it makes embroidery the only solace you have in this life, maybe adding to the fact that this era practices proper hygiene of course. 

    You would continue to wave until you reach a heavy forest where the jovial cheerings of the people faded, leaving only the silence between you and Hezekiah. A sudden thought entered you, this bastard, albeit understandable, did not visit his fiancé even if she's paralyzed for weeks and days. Maybe a little peek wouldn't hurt, then again that would be out of character for him who's always described to LOATHE the villainess.

Pushing that aside, you finally had the time to rest your face and hands from maintaining such movements continuously. You were to sigh but you were stopped when a sudden lurch of the carriage made the whole thing move, of course with you in it. Despite the heaviness of your dress, it couldn't stop you from jumping along with the carriage unintentionally, more unintentionally when your head bumped to the carriage walls. You don't know even where exactly, whether it was behind your head or ontop, maybe even both, it happened so fast that it was whiplash.

You didn't even had the chance to gasp, - argh that hurt, was all you could think. Maybe if the person who's destined to kill you wasn't in front of you, you would've kicked the carriage as back payment. So you just resulted to rubbing your head with an annoyed face, let's not move out of the act now. 

"..." Hezekiah, who didn't seem surprised with the sudden jump nor affected, was already looking outside the window and you pursed your lips. What's with him covering the lower half of his fave now? Does he think acting nonchalant and covering his face with his hands will stop you from arriving to the conclusion that he isn't laughing at you and your misfortune?

Oh so that's how you'll make him happy! By getting hurt! Nice, very nice of you Hezekiah, the cold Duke of the north, the Mad dog of the empire, and every cliche male lead titles there is.

Instead of exploding at him for laughing, (secretly) you just inhaled and exhaled, despite being hot headed, the villainess will never let her plan be jeopardized by screaming at the Duke. Just smile Y/n, just smile and act as if it's nothing. 

Your eyes drifted at the meter and raised an eyebrow, what's with the sudden change of number? - 75%. Is he so entertained with you bumping your head that he hated you less? (It's not it.)

Then after that moment, it was awkward once again.

-

'I'm so dizzy...' You suddenly miss riding cars and trains, it's more stable that carriage. There are no asphalt for the carriage to move smoothly, instead there is the little wobbles of the carriage as it went, it's making you feel a bit dizzy. Scratch that, it made you dizzy, really.

But in effort to stop yourself from puking, not because you wanted him to hate you more but because you don't want your dignity as the real Y/n gone, you closed your eyes and focused on thinking what's gonna happen next.

BUT YOU CAN'T.

You squeezed your eyes in haste and just rested your head against the wall, you do not want to bump your head in it once again and make the man laugh. You want to groan, tight corset, constant wobbly movements, dizziness, hotness, heaviness, literal discomfort.

"Stop here for a while." You opened your eyes at the sudden words of the man in front of you, he wasn't looking at you, he's still ignoring but you prefer that. Did he manage to catch your discomfort? Maybe he isn't ba- no stop there.

And just like magic, it did stop. How do people hear his voice when he spoke normally? Oh right, plot.

You swore you let out a sigh when the carriage stopped moving, gosh corsets are comfortable to wear but if it's too tight then it'll become the worst enemy. It's hot, the carriage door opened. Your legs that are tired of sitting for hours, a hand outstretched.

"Come outside." Hezekiah had already gone down, his hand outstretched for you. You took it of course, who are you to deny the chance to go outside and get somewhere fresh. Thankfully the trees provide cover that it wasn't so hot. It's just windy in a good way.

"Thank you your grace." You said, of course with a naturally flirty smile. You swore the man had let go of your hand the fastest ever the moment you set your foot down the ground. Wow, allergic much? 

But who said he is successful in letting go? You grasped his hand and moved closer, almost far too close, this is all for an act, and looked at his eyes that showed his annoyance. You smiled, "You are so considerate for noticing my dizziness, I appreciate it."

"You care for me after all hmm." He frowned almost immediately, we'll won't you look at that. He's actually quite good to tease huh? He's like a dog that gets so displeased that he'll show it by trying to leave. 

This'll make your act a lot entertaining to do then.

"Oh stay still for a moment your grace, your hair has gone disarray." You reached out, time to annoy this man further, and brushed his hair. Well truth to be told? His hair is perfectly still as it was before, instead you made it messy. All for the reason that you wanted to annoy the heck out of him. 

You wish you could have made it akin to a birdnest but he'll surely kick you out and make you walk to the venue. As uncomfortable riding a carriage can be as someone who's from the future, you'd rather ride it than walk to a very far away place with your heavy tight dress with these high heels. 

"You can move back now." Well he didn't exactly deny stopping the carriage for you, plus points to this guy. 

You'll still ruin his life though.

----

Date : 21/12/23

Well guess who just decided to update after months and months ;)