3

claire sat in y/n's apartment, watching as she lay on the floor panicking. "y/n, just open the account and see if it's the guy in the car." the girl groaned and turned around, digging her face into her rug as she continued to stall. "y/n i'm serious."

she felt her phone collide against her back, hitting her exposed skin with a hard thud. "ok fine, stop rushing me." slowly climbing up on the bed with her phone in hand y/n lay besides claire, hesitantly clicking on the notification she had got an hour ago. her heart sank as she opened his account, closing her phone she looked back at claire with worry in her eyes.

"did you see how many followers he has? claire this man could ruin my life with one post." y/n expressed her concerns as her friend bursted out laughing digging in her pockets for her phone, pulling up an old instagram post on hoover's account. "y/n we met this guy already, remember hoover's birthday party last year?" leaning over, the two girls studied a group photo and there he was, beaming a huge smile as a few people stood between him and y/n.

this caused even more panic, the pair of friends spiraling into a deep search on weston's page. trying to figure out what they could about him, digging through his instagram, twitter, even going through his mom's facebook. countless hours passing by, leaving the girls exhausted in y/n's room. "maybe he was just having a bad day, he doesn't seem all that rude to me." claire spoke out, popping a grape in her mouth as she spun around in a chair.

y/n shrugged, a loud buzz coming from from her phone. running over to claire and jumping on her lap she laughed, showing her screen to her best friend. "he texted!"

hey, i really wanted to apologize for earlier

it rlly wasn't my day, i'm sorry about that :,(

don't even worry abt it, i'm totally sorry for stealing ur space

let's just call it even! you have 2 be cool if hoover's ur friend

____________________________________________

"you have to be cool if hoover's your friend!" y/n mimicked the boy, the two girls laughing in sync before getting up and going downstairs to the living room. snuggling up on the sofa as claire put on glee, the friends watched tv as they fell asleep next to one another.

the next morning y/n was in the kitchen making breakfast while on facetime with hoover. "no, i'm telling you he dm'ed me first apologizing." flipping some pancakes onto a plate she poured more batter into the pan, jumping up onto the counter while she held her phone focusing on the call. "you know my birthday is coming up again, maybe you can actually talk to him this time." y/n immediately opened her phone's calendar app, the man was right his birthday was quickly approaching. laughing the girl flipped the pancakes over, "absolutely not, he seems like a nice guy but i'm fine with the friend group we have now!"

a long exaggerated groan came through from the other side of the phone call, causing the girl to laugh more. "c'mon for me! consider it a birthday present. you know maybe this is the beginning of my two friend groups merging to one! pleaseee y/n." claire walked in, peeking her head over to see who was begging through the phone.

"hey hoover. what are you convincing y/l/n to do now?" she walked away, plating the cooked pancakes before turning the stove on and drenching her food in syrup. "i'm telling her to talk to weston, i have a good feeling about this!" y/n shook her head, pawning the phone off to the girl sitting on the island before going to grab her own plate of food. "honestly, why not?" claire looked up, speaking to her friend as she took a seat next to her on the island.

y/n kept a small group of friends, although she was always a bit more reserved compared to them. claire were her closest friend, the two were always together if one was to leave the house you could expect the other one to go with. the duo moved to new york together, escaping the rural town in texas they had lived in. y/n had met hoover almost a year ago through instagram, she had only met him once before deciding to move. the man was exactly what the girl had needed, helping her leave the small tired town.

after countless parties and nightclubs they've gone to, y/n was able to make a couple of her own friends. elias, enya, and cascina. introducing them all to hoover and claire she was able to keep a close friend group, helping her adjust to the move. y/n was snapped out of her head as claire tapped her arm, "so are you going to talk to him?" her friend hung up the phone setting it down in front of y/n.

"nope."

//

okayy, hoovette's birthday party is coming up

the meet cue is coming, hopefully it serves the notebook