5

y/n, claire, elias, enya, and cascina all decided to get ready at elias' place because he lived closest to hoover. the friends all pregamed as the girls applied their makeup, y/n was sat in the kitchen with elias pouring more drinks while their other friends joked in the man's bedroom.

"are you nervous?" y/n laughed at the question as she helped him carry the drinks upstairs, "what made it obvious?" the pair of friends approached the loud music and laughing, stopping outside the door as they got closer.

"there's just some sort of tension around you, ease up. we're going to be right with you the whole time." he gave the girl a small smile before they walked into the room, handing out red solo cups.

the girls were all singing along to the new paramore album as it blasted through elias' huge speakers, y/n excusing herself to the bathroom so she could get dressed. digging through her bag she pulled out a simple white crop top and baggy jorts, as she put them on she threw a grey crewneck on before stepping out.

"y/n, you're going to actually cook out there." enya laughed as she walked into the bathroom after you, closing the door behind her. "it's a house party, hoover can turn on his ac." the girl shrugged, grabbing her cup and downing the rest of the liquid inside it.

an hour had passed before elias started getting impatient, rushing everyone out of the house as he complained about how long it took everyone to get ready. he and hoover always complained though, it was nothing new to the friend group.

the tipsy friends all started walking down the semi-quiet street, talking about whatever they could to pass time. as they neared hoover's house they could see everyone's cars parked outside, y/n immediately scanning to see if weston was here. to her surprise she didn't see the mini black car.

once the friends got inside they immediately split up, some going to find hoover as others went to get drinks. y/n followed claire and cascina to the kitchen, watching as they poured three drinks handing one to her. "thanks babe." y/n smiled and sipped on the drink, continuing to scan the packed house.

she split from her friends, wandering around the house as loud music blared into her ears. she wasn't too fond of parties, taking her seat on the sofa she aimlessly scrolled through her phone as she continued to slowly sip on the alcoholic fruit punch.

"this seat taken?" looking up y/n met eyes with the boy she dreaded to see, weston koury. she shook her head, giving him a small smile as he sat beside her.

"this doesn't really look like your setting. have you seen hoover around?" he spoke to the girl, his honey-brown eyes studying her soft features as she did the same. "is it that obvious?"

she laughed and pushed her curls out of her face, continuing to keep deep eye contact with the man. "i haven't seen the man, it honestly might take me all night to find him." shrugging the girl went to sip on her drink, frowning when she looked down to see her cup was empty.

weston smiled and stood up, extending his hand out to help her up. "let's go refill that cup." y/n grabbed his hand, allowing him to help her up off her spot on the sofa before walking with him to the kitchen.

"hoover!" weston ran into the kitchen, practically jumping on the birthday boy as he embraced him in the biggest hug. y/n trailing in behind him, giving hoover a warm smile as she waved.

"happy birthday hoovette." weston stepped to the side allowing y/n to give the man small side hug before the two boys started catching up. y/n offered to refill everyone's cup, walking away from the conversation with three empty solo cups in her hand.

as time continued to pass y/n eased her nervous down, swaying to the music with the same red solo cup in her hand from before. enya approaching her with a frown, "we totally forgot to pick up hoover's cake, do you mind going out?"

leaving was the perfect thing y/n needed right now, tucking a lose curl behind her ear she gave the girl a small nod. setting her cup down she started making her way to the exit before getting stopped by weston, placing his hand on her shoulder.

"leaving already?" "no no, just going out to pick up hoover's cake from the bakery. i guess we forgot." she let out a small laugh, stuffing her hands in her pocket as she continued to walk out.

weston pulled his keys out of his pocket, holding them up with a cheeky smile. "let's go." y/n continued to walk out the door, weston stepping in front of her leading the way to his sister's jeep.

"do you want to drive...?" y/n shrugged, holding her hands out signaling weston to toss the keys over to her. hopping into the drivers seat she watched weston get into his normal spot, buckling his seat belt as the girl pulled off.

the couple of acquaintances chatting with one another on their way to the bakery, laughing as they sung along to pitch perfect covers. y/n pulled in front of the bakery, weston hopping out to set the cake in the backseat as she waited in the front seat.

"ready to head back?" y/n smiled at the boy seated next to her, slowly driving off back to the party before weston spoke up. "let's get dairy queen."

y/n laughed and shrugged, making her way over to the ice cream shop and pulling into the parking lot before weston put his hand on her shoulder yet again. "wait here, i want to try and guess your favorite ice cream flavor" he smiled and ran inside, the girl looking through the large glass windows as he took their order.

skipping back out to the car he handed a mint chocolate blizzard, digging into his cookies and creme flavored blizzard. "did you stalk me, how did you know?" she ate a spoonful of the ice cream, weston spreading his legs far apart as he stood outside the opened passenger door, scooping his ice cream into his mouth. "it was pure luck, i swear!"

y/n looked at the boy, a puzzled look on her face as she took her phone out taking a photo of the odd pose he was in. "you scare me honestly." she laughed as he stood up quickly, hopping into the car with a loud laugh himself.

"let's just head back." the friends continued to sing along to music, driving back to the party in bliss.

//

guys ive been sooo busy, i'm moving so time has been super hard to manage but i hope this chapter makes up for it

i'll be doing three more uploads tonight if i have the time :) much luv