Chapter 78

Maura's POV

I woke up and everyone is at the house, we move in a week but we don't have to do anything, the show producer set up movers and packers and unpackers.

I got in the shower and washed my hair and all that jawn.

Once I got out I got changed into a white vneck and black jeans shorts.

I went downstairs and saw Hayes asleep on the couch.

"HAYES WAKE up!" I yelled and he popped up.

"Maura stop I don't feel good" he said

"What's wrong?" I asked

"Idk my chest hurts like it hurts to breath" Hayes said

"Go upstairs and get changed I'll tell Nash to call the doctor" I said

"Ok" Hayes said

He got up and as he was walking up the stairs he collapsed.

"NASH!" I screamed as loud as I could.

I ran to Hayes and he wasn't breathing at all.

Nash came running out and he knows CPR so he started.

Hayes heart is bast breathing.

I called 911.

All the guys are helping Nash but nothing's working.

The paramedics ran In and took Hayes and said no one could ride with him.

We all drove right behind the ambulance.

Once we got to the hospital they took Hayes back and I kept hearing "code blue" over the speaker.

"Nash what does code blue mean?" I asked

"That someone is in cardiac arrest" he said not living his head up.

"That's when the heart stops beating..?" I asked

"Yeah" Cameron said

"I shouldn't of told him to get up" I said

"No Maura this is not your fault" matt said

"Matt please don't pity talk me, I know it is and I'm gone have to live with it" I said

The doctor came running out with blood all over him.

"Donna we need and immediate heart for patient Hayes Grier, male 14 years old" he yelled to the last sitting at the desk.

"There's a long list I can't do anything about" she said back and say there not moving.

"NO! GET HIM THE HEART HE NEEDS NOW RIGHT NOW! HES ONLY 14! PLEASE" I screamed at her while standing at the desk.

"Someone remove this little peasant" she said

"IF ANYONE HERE IS A PEASANT ITS UOU SO SHUT YOUR BIG MOUTH. YOU WOULD HAVE NO CLUE WHAT ITS LIKE TO LOSE YOUR TWIN!" Matt yelled at her.

I saw the doctor come out and I went up to him and the guys were still sitting, we were a little far away from them so they wouldn't hear us.

"Is there anything I can do to save him, even if it kills me. I would give him my life" I said

"The only thing that you could do is donate your heart, it's a perfect match." He said

"Yes yes yes, don't tell my brothers till I'm gone though. I want them to be happy as I go, alright?" I said

"Yeah" he said and I signed a paper.

I ran over to Nash trying not to cry as I knew this is the last time I'll see him, but I'm going to see mommy.

"Nash they need some of my blood since I'm a perfect match for him, I'll be back soon. I'll always be with you, ok?" I said

"Do you want me to come back with you" he said

"No no it's ok. I love you always ok?" I said

"Your gonna be fine bud your just getting some blood taken but you know I love you forever" Nash said and I hugged him super tight and he kissed my head.

I hugged all of the guys.

"Thank you for everything please take care of my brothers" I said to cam as I hugged him.

"Love you kiddo and I'll see you soon" he said but he doesn't know that he won't see me soon.

I went back with the doctor and wrote a quick letter to Nash and Hayes and the guys before they took my heart away from me.

I just wish I could give Hayes one last hug but he needs my heart now.

They took me into the surgery room and right before I went to sleep I said "mommy I'm coming for you"

Hayes POV

I woke up with a functioning heart and I just want to see Maura and Nash.

The doctor sent Nash in the room then shut the door and sat down.

"Hayes, you have one brave and amazing and life saving twin sister" the doctor said.

"I know now can I see her?" I said

"I'm afraid that's not possible, she wrote you a note though" he said and handed me and Nash both papers.

"Wait what's going on?" Nash asked

"She said you 'ok' it" the doctor said

"That she could give a little blood, yes, it wasn't gonna hurt her and it was to help Hayes"Nash said

"No, I'm so sorry. She gave Hayes her own heart." The doctor said

"WHAT" Nash yelled

I sat there in shock, I killed my baby sister, even though we're twins I'm older.

The doctor smiled and left the room.

I read my letter.

"Dear Hayes,
I want you to know that no matter what I love you and you better keep my heart functioning, don't feel guilty. I was happy I promise, I really missed mommy. But now I'm gonna be with her and we're gonna watch over you every single day. When you see a butterfly or when you fall over nothing, know it's me. I promise you I'll never leave your side, please don't forget about me. Best friends five ever. I love you so much hayes❤️. Love Maura❤️"

I can't believe this is happening, it feels unreal.