chapter 20

a/n: it's a fake story, there's gonna be a lot of drama.

Maura's POV

I woke up and got ready for school.

I took a shower and then put on white jean shorts and a teal tanktop.

I put on my black converse and wore my straight hair down and put on mascara and eyeliner.

My school is really big so I don't see Hayes a lot, only during homeroom, lunch, and English.

I ate breakfast and me and Hayes got on the bus.

Once we got to school, we went to homeroom and all.

I was in science, 3rd period, when I hear a lot of loud bangs.

"interior threat, lockdown" the lady said over the loud speaker.

The teacher shut the door and blocked it.

"what's going on?" a girl asked

"um, it's a school shooting, we have to be silent" my teacher said

All that I can think right now is, is Hayes okay?

I heard the guy coming so I got out from under my desk and silently hid myself.

I went into this cabinet and shut it.

I heard the door get shot open and then screams and gunfires and loud screams and cries.

I stayed as silent as possible then everything seemed to quiet down.

I heard a another gunshot then the police.

"police don't move!" a cop yelled.

"he shot himself" another one said

A cop opened the closet door and I just started crying at what I saw, everyone in my class, killed.

"parents and cops are outside and all around the building, your safe to go now" a cop said

I ran out, crying an shaking wondering if Hayes is okay.

"HAYES!" I yelled through the Galway looking for him.

I saw someone laying face down with blood oozing out of their back with brown hair just like Hayes.

Please don't be Hayes.

I went over and flipped the person over, it's not Hayes thank god.

I got up and continued looking then I heard his voice, "maura!" he yelled

I ran to him and hugged him really tight.

we saw kids parents laying over their child's dead body crying.

"Hayes I though that was you" I said and pointed to the kid I flipped.

"we're you hurt? why is there blood all over your hands" he asked.

"I flipped people over to make sure they weren't you" I said

I'm still crying, this is so sad, so many kids died.

Hayes pulled me into his chest and we cried together.

Then I felt someone else's arms wrap around me.

"are you guys okay?" my mom asked

"yeah, just sad and shocked that all of those kids were killed in front of us" Hayes said

"every kid in my class was killed, I hid for myself, I was greety" I said

"no you weren't, you tried to save yourslef, if you didn't do that, you would be dead and Hayes would be lost" my mom said

"I have good news but we're not happy till we get out of here, look at these kids parents, I couldn't imagine one of you being shot in school, I'm scared to send my own kids to school now" my mom said

I got out of Hayes arms and hugged my mom.

"it's okay baby, let's get out of here" my mom said

We walked to the car and once we got in we drove home.

"guys, will is coming home today, he hasn't seen you guys in 3 and a half months and he's home for a little while, you guys aren't going back to school after that, you guys can do homeschool" my mom said

"when are we going to get him" I asked

"right now" my mom said

We drove to the airport.

"I wanna wash my hands once we get there" I said because I still have blood on my hands.

"okay" my mom said

We drove for about an hour and then once we got to the airport i went in.

I saw Will running towards me, I ran to him.

I jumped into his arms and hugged him.

"we heard it on the loud speaker on the plane, are yous both okay?" will asked

"yeah" I said

Will hugged me and then Hayes and Mom and I went to the bathroom to wash my hands.

I walked out of the bathroom and then Will picked me up when I wasn't ready and I yelled then my mom slapped wills arm.

We got in the car and drove home and it's all over the news.

"I don't want to see this" I said to will who was sitting on the couch watching the news

will changed the channel then I sat next to him.

"now you don't have school so me you and Hayes should go visit Nash" will said

"yeah I miss Nash" I said

I laid down next to will and it's only like 10:30am.

"I'm going to put in comfy clothes" I said

I went upstairs to my room and put on sweatpants and a tanktop and put my hair up in a messy bun.

I went back downstairs and laid down down next to Will.

"will when do you graduate?" I asked

"we're going out to dinner tonight for big news and a suprise" will said

Me, Will, and Hayes just laid down and watched movies all day and then I had to get ready for dinner.

I went upstairs and took a shower then I got out and curled my hair and put on a floral skater skirt and a black tight crop top thing that tucks in and it looks like a dress.

I put on sandals and a little bit of makeup then went downstairs and everyone was ready so we left.

We pulled up to the restaurant and I saw a familiar face sitting out front.

We got out of the car and I ran to him.

"NASH!" I yelled

"Maura!" he yelled and squatted down and opened his arms.

I ran into his arms and he wrapped them around me and stood up.

"it's only been 3 days, but I missed you!" Nash said

"I called mom right away to make sure you guys were okay" Nash said

"we're fine"I said

Nash put me down then we went inside and ate as a family other than dad.

"okay guys, I graduate next week. And I got an offer to play starting quarter back for the Cowboys" will said

"holy crap that's amazing" me and Hayes said in sync.

"will congratulations, I'm so proud of you" my mom said

"thanks" will said

We left the place and went home and I put on sweatpants and a tshirt and put my hair in a messy bun.

I went downstairs and my mom was in bed, me, Nash, Wil, and Hayes made a spot on the ground to sleep together.

I laid in between Will and Hayes and Nash laid on the other side of Hayes.

We watched movies all night and eventually fell asleep.