17.

As I left Penelope's room, I saw Soap and Gaz at the front desk down the hall. Soap held flowers as Gaz held a bear holding a heart reading 'Get well soon.' "Rose? What are you-" Soap stopped and looked at me, "Were you talking to her?" he continued solemnly. I nodded, "Price, he told me to question her, try getting some information, and see if it can help us with the mission." Gaz joined the conversation, "Is she up? How bad is it?" He asked, concerned. I tilted my head from side to side. "Well, she's still in moderate pain; I didn't get much but got enough to go off on." They nodded and sighed, "We will just drop these off and let her rest some more then." Soap uttered.
______________________

After I reported to Price, I proceeded to the gun range to relieve some stress. As I entered the warehouse, it was empty. Finally, I had some serenity. I put the safety glasses on and removed the safety of the pistol, and started shooting the targets one by one. 

Ping! Ping! Ping!

As the shells hit the targets, they aimed right for the heads. With each shot that got let go, I felt relief. Everything has been hectic since our mission, and I knew we were in for much worse. Poor Simon, he doesn't catch a break; I should check on him, I thought. I went to put the pistol back in the gun locker and took off the safety glasses; I had an urgent feeling that I was needed somewhere by someone, but I continued my way to HQ as I left the warehouse.
__________________

There I was, standing in front of his door, I was hesitant even to knock as I knew he needed rest, but I needed to let him know about Penelope; after all, it's his little sister. I breathed in and out slowly as I worked up my courage to knock.

*knock, knock, knock*

"I'm trying to sleep; go away," hearing his muffled voice from the other side of the door. I let out a small laugh, "Open up, big fella, it's just me." I replied. I could hear stuff being dropped and shuffled as if it sounded like he rushed to get to the door; I then saw the door open, revealing Simon in his uniform without his tactical gear on, his eyes wide. I smirked, "Hope I didn't interrupt you, sir?" He scoffed, "As if you can interrupt anything, I couldn't sleep. Please, come in." Sounding tired, as if he wanted to sleep, but something was preventing him from sleeping. I walked into his room; it was dim, and the smell of his cologne lingered around; it smelled like him.

Surprisingly, Simon was a very well-kept person, his room wasn't messy, and it felt comforting to be in here. "Wow, Simon, didn't expect you to be so... neat." I teased. He let out a small laugh, "What'd you expect me to be love?" I shrugged and continued to look around the room, "Honestly, I don't know." I replied, smirking. He stood before me, looking down at my face, his brown eyes shining brighter than usual; he was handsome.

"What is the reason for the little stop?" he asked in a low, calm manner. He continued looking at my eyes, then my lips, breathing heavier. "I spoke to your sister today. Price wanted me to question her.." I replied, "We have a name on the leader." Simon's eyes close as the words escaped from my mouth; he seemed to be relieved. He wasn't upset like I thought he would be. His gaze fixated on me once again. He sighed, "How is she, Rose?" his eyes speaking concern, "She misses you, Simon. You should visit her" I lay my hand softly on his cheek, caressing gently. His eyebrows furrow, "She— She does?" his voice slightly trembling. I can tell he cared deeply for his sister. It was heartwarming. "She told me hun, so pop in tomorrow, yeah?" I softly spoke. I felt his mask slightly rise as he let out a small smile, his eyes creased. "Copy that, commander." He said with such a soft touch in his voice.

He lifted his mask above his mouth, leaning closer to my face. "Can I..?" His voice became deep and raspy from his sleepiness. I wrap my arms around his neck, bringing my body slowly closer to his. "No need to ask, Simon," I replied as I leaned closer to his lips, inches apart our breaths hastened. Our lips met, moving in sync slowly but passionately. I felt his hands grip my waist as he pulled me closer, our tongues dancing with love and pleasure. I slowly pull myself back, "You need some rest love; you've been up all night." He leaned his head on mine, "Stay, please. Just until I fall asleep, at least?" He asks, as his thumb caresses my hand softly. I smile warmly at him, "Of course, I won't leave." He kisses my forehead and puts his mask back down; grabbing my hand, he leads me onto his bed. He lays down, holding my waist, bringing me down with him. We lay on the bed in the softly dimly lit room, his arm wrapping around my stomach and his head on my shoulder. I caressed the back of his head; as his breathing slowed, I felt his body get heavy. "Oh, how I adore you, my sweet Simon," I whispered, kissing his forehead softly.