29.

Without realizing it, we both fell asleep. I woke up, and I saw his mask still on him; how could he even breathe? I slowly sat up to admire him as he slept; he looked peaceful and relaxed.

I was still shocked at how things went last night, but I valued every minute. Simon meant the world to me, and in such a short extent, I adored him. I stroked my finger along the side of his mask,

"You have no idea the things I would do for you," I whispered admirably.

He starts to shuffle around in his sleep, slowly waking up. I saw his low, tired eyes gaze on mine. He places his hand on my cheek, softly caressing it,

"How long have you been up, luv?"

"Only for a little, I promise." I smiled.

He sat up as he stretched, letting a big yawn out. "I love your company, but you know you should probably head out while everyone is still asleep. They can't find out about us just yet,"

"You're right," I giggled. "Although, they probably heard me during the end of it... You know because.. yeah," I chuckled as I went red in my cheeks, overly explaining myself. I have never been so satisfied that I felt a bit more extra than usual; it was the best feeling knowing the reason behind it.

He kissed my forehead, "You were quite loud, but that's okay. As long as they know you were entertained." He got up and went to pick up his pants, "Although you should hit the range or gym, get some of your special skills up, commander." he switched from Simon to Lieutenant quickly and effortlessly.

"Copy that, Lieutenant." I smiled as I got up and started getting myself straightened out. Before he headed out, he looked back at me as I put the last of my gear on and winked, then focused on looking around outside to make sure no one was up.

Just like that, he was gone. After waiting 5 minutes, I made my way out.
_______________

I went to the shooting range; I needed to hold a gun and feel the excitement again. Reaching the range, I see Gaz and Soap practicing their shooting. Shots echoed through each shot, and their banter tried to fill over it.

"Gaz, if you don't just shoot the fucking target right, you suck," Soap's Scottish accent came through heavily. I watched from the doorway, just giggling quietly in the distance.

"Oh, you should be the last one talking, mate. You got your ass handed to you in sparring," Gaz claps back.

"Says the one who didn't even attempt to spar," soap scoffs.

Silence filled the room for a bit until my footsteps interrupted. "Both of you goofs are something else, y'know that, right?" I sarcastically spoke.

They both turned their heads gaining contact with me, "Well if it ain't Rose," Soap smiled. I walked over towards them.

"How long have you guys been practicing?" I ask as I pick up their weapons from the table examining them. "Not too long, wanna tag along?" Gaz offers. I cock the gun and took my stance at a spot in the range, "Let's go boys."

We started shooting our targets, gun shells echoing on the wood below as our guns fired. Everyone was focused on their targets as we were in our own world as the shots continued.

As we came to a stop, we put our shades up and looked at the results. Bullet holes from mine hit straight through the heart and head. I looked over to the boys, "Light work" I scoffed.

They rolled their eyes, "aye, don't get too cocky eh?" Soap adds pushing my arm. I laughed and walked over to the door and before my hand could touch the knob, the door swings open; It was Price.

"Wheels up in 20, we have got a call for a mission. Gear up." I nodded my head and looked back at the guys. "You heard the man let's go."

As me and guys gear up in the room, Ghost walks in. I try not to make immediate contact and continue suiting up my gear along with cleaning my knives.

"Mactavish, you're with me. Gaz you are with Rose." He orders. He looks so hot when he makes commands. I still couldn't believe I slept with him. I can't mix work with pleasure though, I shook my head and got myself out of a trance.

We walked over the chopper, the day was starting off so well and proactive. I felt amped to go back on the field.

*BANG*

Suddenly everything was slow. The world seemed to move slowly. My shoulder was aching and throbbing, my body fell to the floor and time seemed to play normally again.

A bullet.

I see Soap running to my aid shouting as Ghost and Gaz were shooting. We were compromised. My breathing became hitched as I tried to calm myself down. I placed my hand on my shoulder.

Fuck. They hit an artery. I moved my hand revealing a pool of blood spewing out. My vision became blurry.
_________________

BEEP.....BEEP.......BEEP.