21.

"Rose, we need to talk.." he sighed. I nodded my head, "Okay, sure, come in." He seemed disappointed and bothered, but I didn't want to pry, so I waited until he spoke.

He sat on my bed, leaning on his knees as he fidgeted with his hands; something was bothering him. I took a seat beside him and stood quiet as I wanted him to take his time. Should I take this advantage and tell him about könig?

"Rose.. someone I despise is on our force. I want you to steer clear of him." he broke the silence with a firm tone. He knows könig is here, but why does it seem like there was more to this despisment? My eyebrows furrowed as I felt there was more he needed to say, but he was holding back.

He sighed, "Just please have minimal interactions with him." he looked at me, his eyes skimming my face to see my reaction. I grabbed his hands into mine as I couldn't even look him in the eyes on the following words that would leave my mouth.

"Simon.." my voice seemed shaky as I tried to have the words come out, but it was like my body was refraining from me saying anything. He looked at me with small concern and soft eyes; I couldn't bring myself to do it. I smiled weakly and put a hand against his cheek, "I understand." I replied softly. Simon caressed my hand. I felt guilty as he deserved to know about könig's and my past. He's already been through so much that I didn't want to add to the fuel. Simon seemed relieved and continued to talk about his day and mentioned Penelope; I was glad he finally spoke to her.

"About this person?—" I hesitantly spoke, "Is there something that happened between you two?" I felt the air in the room change instantly once I spoke on it, but I needed to know.  Simon's tone shifted, speaking more in unhappiness, "König has gotten one of our men killed before. Since then, I have never forgiven him for it. It isn't our first time joining forces." My eyes slightly widened as he spoke; Simon went through a loss. No wonder he wanted me to keep my distance, but he didn't know I had my reasons to stay away.

"Si, I'm so sorry. I didn't know." I caressed his back softly as I comforted him. He huffed, and there was a brief silence between us, "It's been a long day, I guess, for both of us, huh?" I let out a small, forced laugh. He nodded; this silence felt awkward. Why?

Simon got up from my bed and looked down at me, placing his hand under my chin and caressing it as he lifted my face gently. "See you tomorrow?" he asked. I nodded as I glimpsed at his honey-brown eyes and smiled at him. I tried not to show I was bothered; he didn't notice I was crying beforehand as well, and I was relieved. He placed a tender, soft kiss on my head and then exited my room.

Sitting on my bed alone, I couldn't help but feel guilty that I hadn't told Simon about könig, but I wasn't completely ready either. If I'm still crying over the memories and flashbacks with him, have I moved on, or am I just hurt?
_______________

The sun beamed through my window, shining on my face as it woke me up. I squinted at my clock: 8 a.m. I dropped my head back into my pillow and groaned. After dreading the day, I finally got myself up and washed up. Feeling refreshed, I got into my uniform and tied my hair in a quick, messy bun.

As I closed my door, I was greeted by a loud yet hyper Scottish accent from across the hall, "Ey' mornin Rosey!" I chuckled, "Morning, Mactavishh." I played along. Soap caught up to me as I walked down the hall, placing his arm around my neck. "Soo, are you ever gonna spill the tea about Colonel?" He spoke quietly. I couldn't be upset with Mactavish; at least he respected my boundaries and took note that könig was an issue.

"Let's just say he's a toxic ex," I replied, speaking low enough for him to hear. Mactavish stopped in his tracks and looked at me. "Rose. You & the colonel?!" His voice became slightly louder, "SHH!" I yanked on his uniform. We continued to walk, "No one knows but Price and well now you, so please. Keep it between us," I pleaded. He sighed, "Of course," and softly smiled.

As we continued to walk, I saw a shadow coming from the break room. It was könig, great. He came out of the break room and saw me and soap head inside the break room. Before entirely going in, he stopped my tracks by my arm softly, and Soap didn't notice and went in. I looked at könig, "Not even a good morning?" He asked with a slightly cocky tone. I rolled my eyes, "You don't deserve one," as I moved his hand off my arm and proceeded into the break room.