VII. Matching Tattoos

Chapter Seven
Matching Tattoos

Tuesday, August 15, 2023

20,913,566 likesmiamor Thank you, Charlotte

20,913,566 likes
miamor Thank you, Charlotte.
View all 139,891 comments

Joshua planted soft kisses down my neck, wrapping his arms around me and rubbing my ass through my jeans.

"I love your tatau," I said as I trance his tattoo with my fingers.

Joshua just smiled and held me. Joshua had recently gotten his back covered in dark charcoal-colored ink tattoos. Something about his tattoos had me touching all over him since he had gotten it done.

"Do you want to get one?" Joshua asked me.

"But I'm not Samoan," I answered, looking at him like he was crazy.

"We could get you a small one that no one would notice but me," Joshua suggested with a smirk.

"Are you sure?" I asked him.

Joshua held up my ring finger.

"I think you should get it right here," Joshua answered, caressing my finger.

My lips pursed as I watched him.

"Or you could get one here," Joshua said as he gripped my right hip.

"I don't know about that now," I told him.

"We could get matching tattoos," He suggested.

I shake my head.

"Aren't we moving too fast?" I asked him.

"Hell no, I would get your name but that's like cursing the relationship so matching tattoos are a better option," He answered.

"You're crazy," I said.

"Crazy about you," He said.

"So, you want to get matching tattoos? What if we break up?" I asked him.

Joshua kissed his teeth.

"Girl, we both know we ain't going nowhere. We're stuck like glue," He replied.

I thought about it for a moment then agreed.

"Okay, let's get them," I told him.

Joshua smiled before he kissed my lips.

"I already have the perfect tattoos for us," He said.

An hour later, Joshua and I were both getting out of the car and entering the studio of Joshua's favorite tattoo artist, Mike.

Once we made it inside, Trinity and Jonathan along with Galina and Joe were there. Joshua introduced me to Galina and Mike.

"I can't believe he convinced you to get a tattoo," Trinity said, shaking her head as I flip through a tattoo magazine as Joshua and the guys walk away to talk about the tattoos and other stuff.

"Girl, he could talk me into anything at this point," I said with a smile.

Trinity smiled.

"Oh, you're in love," Trinity said.

I lightly hit her arm.

"Don't say that," I said, before looking over at Joshua who was in deep conversation with Mike over what my tattoo should be, hoping he didn't her hear.

"Oh, you think he doesn't know?" Trinity asked me.

I bit my bottom lip.

"Am I that obvious?" I replied.

Galina nods.

"You look at him like he put the stars in the sky," Galina told me.

"Damn," I said.

Joshua and Mike came over and showed me the tattoo. The moment I saw the design, I loved it, and I knew I had to get it on my skin. I didn't even need Joshua to explain why he chose that as my tattoo. I immediately knew why.

"What's the significance of the number four?" Jonathan asked still confused why Joshua and I were planning on getting the number tattooed on us.

"It's important to us," Joshua answered.

Joshua took a seat in the chair next to me, carefully watching Mike's movement as he explained where my tattoo is being placed.

"Are you ready?" Mike asked me.

I nod.

"Yes," I answered.

Mike starts tattooing on my ring finger.

"So, the patterns and lines inside the number four represent what exactly?" I asked Joshua.

"It represents me," Joshua answered.

I nod.

Mike finishes the tattoo and gently applied some cream on top of it.

"Thank you, Mike. I love it," I said as I looked down at the tattoo and it's a combination of the number 4 and the letter J with patterns and lines.

Then Joshua and I switch seats and Joshua gets his tattoo which is a combination of the number 4 and the letter M with patterns and lines.

"You know in the tattoo world this means y'all are married," Joe said, jokingly since couples who opt out of wearing wedding rings get tattoos like this done on their ring finger.

"When it's the right time, she is getting that as well," Joshua said, referring to a wedding ring.

Later that night, I posted an Instagram reel, which included a look at us first getting our matching tattoos together. We were trending that night and Joshua had to deal with his family group chat blowing up. Everyone wanted to meet me now. Joshua agreed to bring me to a family gathering soon so everyone and I could meet.

"Oops," I said once Joshua got off the phone with his mother.

Joshua playfully rolled his eyes.

"Oops my ass, you got my mom thinking we eloped," Joshua said with a chuckle.

I laughed.

"I'm sorry," I said.

"You know your ass ain't sorry," He said.