IX. The Célestin Family

Chapter Nine
The Célestin Family

Thursday, August 17, 2023

The Célestin Family

The Célestin family is a family of professional wrestlers originating from Boutte, Louisiana, and Les Cayes, often referred to as Aux Cayes, Haiti. Family members have comprised several tag teams and stables within a variety of promotions.

Lumis Jean-Vincent Célestin (born June 10, 1928) is an American retired professional wrestler, better known by his ring name Saint Castin. Credited with breaking down barriers of racial segregation in professional wrestling, Lumis is considered one of the first successful African-American professional wrestlers. In his career, Lumis wrestled for various wrestling promotions.

Lumis is of Haitian, African-American, and Louisiana Creole heritage.

Lumis married Florence Etienne and had six children. Two of Lumis' sons would follow in his footsteps and wrestle. His eldest son Lumis Jr. (born 1952) wrestled as Saint Castin Jr. and his third son Asonta (born 1956) wrestled as Soul Castin.

Lumis and Florence would have sixteen grandchildren with six grandsons also becoming wrestlers making their family, a wrestling dynasty with three generations.

Lumis and Florence's most famous grandchild is Mia'Mor Célestin, daughter of their third son, Asonta Célestin, and his wife, Agnéz Célestin.

Asonta and Agnéz have eight children: Asonta Jr., Dawn, Marshawn, Alyxha, Mia'mor, Lochan, Fabienne, and Jovien.

Mia'mor is widely recognized for her boundary-pushing vocal performances. She is regarded as one of the greatest entertainers of her generation. Her contributions to music and visual media have made her an influential pop culture figure of the 21st century.

Mia'mor was married to an American football quarterback in the National Football League (NFL) Mateo Junípero; they have four sons.

Lumis and Florence's other grandchildren and great-grandchildren have found success in fields of entertainment and sports such as the Major League Baseball (MLB), National Football League (NFL), National Basketball Association (NBA), Boxing, Mixed martial arts (MMA), and Track and field.

Mia'mor's house

"Josh, if I had known they would be here, I would have warned you," I told Joshua as we walked into my house filled with my family

Joshua waved me off.

"It's fine, your family is cool," Joshua said.