"Was my best friend." (Chapter 1)

(the music will be 'Cheshire' by ITZY because the lyrics 'hey, why so curious?' kinda relate to Chase, and other parts of the song will be related to Marshall. I love this song! <3)

The sun continues to shine upon its time, but started to become set, winds picking up a bit leaving a cooling breeze, a brown figure was looking at the view of his hometown, the Adventure Bay.

He heard a engine revving towards the watchtower, the glimpse of a white figure revving ots way towards the spot of his. The shepherd sees that it was his best friend, Marshall, or that's what he thinks. He comes up to him after the dal parked his truck turned into a puphouse.

"Hey, Marshall." The shepherd greeted the dally, the dally was surprised by the sudden greeting.

"Oh, it's just you, Chase. What do you want?" Marshall said in an cold tone, remembering something that it cannot get it out through his head.

"Um.. since you're here.. I was thinking that we could, you know talk about something, and play just a bit before dark." To the shepherd, he wants to reunite with Marshall because of some.. controversies that happened, and he thinks that he and him's friendship was broken.

Marshall suddenly looked at the shepherd's face, he was emotionless. Still remembering the day where he and him had an occured controversies.

"Thanks, but no thanks. I had plans for tonight." He gave him a cold smile, and then leave to enter the lookout.

Chase just.. stood there, never in his life get any rejection when he invites someone to play, to hang out. But this is his first time.

Plans? For whom? Curiosity went to his head but just shrugged it off.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Marshall went up to the lookout lobby, the spiked boy turned around to see a glimpse of a white figure coming out to the elevator. The dal just gave him a small smile to the boy.

"Oh, hey, Marshall. What's up?" The boy looked at his pup. "Ryder, can I go out tonight? I had a meet-up with someone." He spoked, changing his emotion into a worried one. It was now dark, something might have happened.

"Marshall, you know that it's dark now, right? Someone might puppnapped you." Ryder had his worried tone for the dal.

"Ryder, I can take care of myself. Besides, I won't be late. I will just had dinner with the pup that recently moved here." Ryder looked at him with his brow raised.

"Oh, you didn't know? Mayor Goodway announced that they are the new neighbors. Like, recently they moved out from Adventure City." Marshall spoked out. Ryder realized that just now.

"Oh, yeah. I heard that." "So, will you let me?" Marshall had his puppy eyes out. The boy sighed and chuckled a bit. "You know, I can't resist that face. Fine." Marshall yipped. "But be back here before midnight." The dal nod and goes to the elevator. "Thanks, Ryder. You're the best!" The elevator's door closed and descended into the lounge.

The dal exits the lounge and started to trail himself towards to Mr. Porter's lemonade shop. The pups notices the dal was trailing himself, at night.

"Uh, should Ryder do about this? Letting Marshall out in the night?" Skye saidly in her tone.

Maybe he entered the lookout to ask Ryder to permission to go out, even at night. I'm still not sure but maybe. The certain shepherd thought.

"Should we um, call Ryder, maybe?" The pups nods in agreement.

"How about we don't?" The pups looked at the shepherd, confused was their expression.

"Uh, Chase, you do know that it's night, right? Ryder can't let us go at the night." Skye spoked to the shepherd.