One

"Sirius, get the fuck in here!"

Sirius whirls around to look at the train only to be met with the sight of of Regulus frowning at him from inside. He's halfway out of the compartment, hands grabbing on to the doorframe as one of his legs dangle out.

Once chubby and rosy-cheeked, Regulus is now pale and thin, almost a splitting image of Sirius. He wears his dark, curly hair somewhat shorter with a fringe almost covering his eyes. This summer, he's finally passed Sirius in height, landing a blow on Sirius' ego from which it's yet to recover.

Today, Regulus is dressed in a black t-shirt and jeans. It's hardly appropriate back-to-school attire, but Regulus' emo phase is in peak form right now, skull ring and studded belt included.

Around them, Platform 9 3/4 is a chaos of goodbyes and hellos as hundreds of students part from their families to be reunited with their friends. Their scarves, blue and green and red and yellow, shine like jewels among the sea of dark coats and hats. The light breeze, carrying the smell of sweets and popcorn from the vendors' stalls, tousles Sirius' hair.

He winces as a dark shadow appears behind Regulus. He opens his mouth to warn his brother but it's too late.

"Ow," Regulus rubs the back of his head where he's just been smacked. "Motherf—" Regulus swallows his words down as he turns to see who it is. "Bella," he grins, "hi! Didn't see you there,"

"Watch your language," comes the stiff reply. "And come in and sit,"

"But Sirius..."

"I'm sure he can make it just fine," Bellatrix replies, shifting her dark eyes from Regulus to Sirius, who's standing on the platform and watching the drama unfold. With her black dress and dark hair blending into the shadowy compartment, her pale face looks as if it's suspended mid-air. "Given that he has two fully functional legs," she adds, not moving her eyes from Sirius.

If you ask Sirius, that sounded a bit too much like a threat.

"Why do I feel like they won't remain that way if you don't get on the train like, right now?" James Potter asks in a hushed voice, craning his neck to look at the train over Sirius' shoulder. His dark hair is a complete mess from the wind, his red and gold Gryffindor scarf pleasantly incongruent with his light blue shirt.

"Because she just might turn them into literal jelly," Sirius mutters. He waves his wand to pick his bag up. "I'll see you at school, Pothead," he grins, walking backwards.

James rolls his eyes. "Have fun doing whatever you snakes do for fun," he pulls a face. "And try not to accidentally turn any Muggleborns into pumpkins,"

"No promises!" Sirius calls as he hops on the train. He gives James one last wave before turning away.

"Hi, Bella," he squeezes his cousin's cheek.

"Get the fuck away from me," Bellatrix snaps, slapping his wrist.

"Oh, that one did hurt me," Sirius puts a hand over his heart, and the other on his forehead.

"And did you just say fuck? Watch your language, Bella," Regulus grins.

"Go kill yourself," Bellatrix mutters, sitting down.

"Man, I wish," Regulus sighs, leaning back in his seat. Sirius flops down next to him, slinging an arm around his shoulder.

"Reg," for the first time, Narcissa speaks up, raising her head from her book.

"Ugh... here we go," Regulus groans.

"You can't just say things like that," Narcissa frowns.

"For all those books you read," Bella says, "One would think you had a better vocabulary, Cissa,"