Ten

It's a miracle that Remus hasn't fainted by the time he reaches the Astronomy classroom. James, on the other hand, seems to be perfectly fine. Remus follows him, trying to keep his panting down. The classroom is not full yet, but James drags him over to where Sirius is already sitting.

If the sun suits Sirius well, the moon suits him even better. He's looking out of the window, leaving a perfect profile of his face in view. The moonlight leaves a faint halo of silver along his skin and his hair which frames his face in gentle curls.

He turns his head when he hears them. His eyes harden the instant they land on Remus, his jaw visibly clenching. 

"Padfoot," James says with an exaggerated cheeriness, dragging an extra stool over to the table. He sits down next to Sirius and slings an arm around his shoulders. "You do look gorgeous today,"

Remus sits down quietly.  

"I look gorgeous everyday, Potter," Sirius rolls his eyes but doesn't pull away from James.  

"Well, extra gorgeous, then," James nudges him. "Won't you say hi to Remus?"

"Won't you go kill yourself?" Sirius snaps back.

"Wouldn't dream of stealing your role, mate," James laughs, apparently completely unfazed.

Sirius shoves him off, muttering something that sounds a lot like fucker under his breath. 

"Anyways," James leans forward, resting his chin on his elbow. "Did you guys hear about—" 

He doesn't get to finish his sentence because Professor Sinistra walks in, clearing her throat to get the attention of the students. She leans against her desk to survey the classroom. "I hope everyone's revised yesterday's theory lesson." Her eyes fix on James for a deliberate moment, making him grin sheepishly. "I need everyone to list five of Jupiter's moons," her eyes sparkle as she clasps her hands in front of her. "First to finish gets ten House points. Others will get five."

Remus starts writing immediately. He only takes a couple seconds, and raises his hand as soon as he's done. Without meaning to, he glances at Sirius. Surprisingly, Sirius is still writing, brows furrowed in concentration. The Professor walks over and takes his parchment. "Very good, Remus," she smiles, returning the paper to him. "Ten points to Gryffindor!" 

She corrects several other students' answers before, eventually, Sirius raises his hand. Remus watches the Professor read his parchment, a smile growing on her face. "This is certainly impressive, Sirius," she sets the paper back down on the desk. Remus squints his eyes at it. Written in tall, slanted letters is a long list, much longer than five. 

Of course.

"Sirius here has written down all twenty moons of Jupiter we learned in class. I believe that calls for a reward. Fifteen points to Slytherin!" She beams at the class. 

Of fucking course.

Remus looks over at Sirius, only to find him staring right back, a complacent smirk playing on his lips. Remus looks away.

"I hope the rest of the class is also just as enthusiastic about Astronomy as him," the Professor continues. "And I believe this is enough time for you to have answered. If you could all leave your scripts on my desk, we can get started with today's lesson..."

***

Remus stops in front of the Transfiguration classroom to take a deep breath. He hasn't spoken to Sirius since his confrontation on Monday, and he's guessing that Dumbledore's six-month punishment for Sirius probably won't help their already less than ideal relationship.