Chapter 4 - Just a Sleepover

The Deacon

The sun had set on this day, and the Deacon was in his home.

For someone who was so wealthy and famous, his home was very humble despite all that. It was just a normal house in the Outskirts of Vale. He was sitting on his sofa, still wearing his formal attire and still refusing to remove his helmet, even in private. He had an extensive collection of scattered documents all over the floor and table, and he held his holographic data pad in his hand, checking everything he had on Jaune's whereabouts.

"Dutch was thorough in keeping his home from me all these years, from everyone. He even gave Jaune new records to hide the truth of who he was to the world. Making it that Pyrrha was the Huntress who went to Beacon and that he was just in a normal school..." The Deacon said to himself as he looked over the false documents created. "And everyone who knew him for who he really was? They were paid to keep their mouths shut about the truth, NDAs everywhere. To protect him and Pyrrha from so many prying eyes... I guess Jaune hurt a lot more lives than just me to have to go to this much effort." The Deacon said, setting the datapad down on the table.

He pressed his hands against his head, sighing. There was no point in him constantly combing through files in the Legion's Archives. Not only were those archives vast thanks to Dutch's long quest to acquire all dangerous knowledge and hide it away, especially in Heimdall's Lab. But he knew Dutch would never be foolish enough to have Jaune and Pyrrha's home address sitting around in there.

Meaning that the Deacon had only one viable option... one that he hated the idea of.

"Fuck... I don't want to hurt anyone who doesn't deserve it, hell I don't even wanna hurt Pyrrha or their daughter. I just want Jaune to be punished for what he did to us... what he let Tyrian do to us." He muttered, looking at the other file, and picking it up.

It was a photograph of Blake and Yang having a lovely time with Pyrrha and Jaune at a restaurant a few years ago. He sighed, closing his eyes and setting the picture down on his lap as he stared at Blake.

"All of our old friends know... but none of them will give it up, not without a fight." The Deacon said. "But maybe... maybe I can get through to Blake? Yang won't. She's stubborn... but maybe Blake will? Or at the very least... I could get the information if they're distracted. I could use the update we got to my advantage. Infiltrate their home when they're going after that train? No... that's literally in a few hours. I'll never make it in time." He sighed, clasping his hands together, shaking his head.

"No... I have to face them... I owe them that much. But I'll never be able to keep them occupies and get the location at the same time. And Yang will probably attack me... meaning... I need a team to do this. I don't want to involve the Legion, this is my fight... but there are others out there who could help me... two of them I'm confident will help... the other... well... finding her will be a challenge, and keeping her in line will be even harder." The Deacon said to himself, thinking about this some more.

He sighed, then pulled out his scroll, hoping to see a message from Dutch, asking him to come over for that session.

"Please call Dutch... you're the only one who can snap me out of this..." He stammered, pressing the scroll against his helmet. He breathed in and out, concentrating on his rising heart rate. He tightened his grip on his scroll. For a moment, it tempted him to actually call Dutch.

But would running from Jaune for another twenty-five years really make him feel better?

He still felt just as afraid, just as angry, and just as lost as he did when he got away from Tyrian that terrible day. He exhaled shakily, fog escaping from his helmet's vents. He closed his other hand into a fist as he thought about his options.