Chapter 9 - The Last Maiden

Blake

The Shattered Moon hovered in the dark starry sky, and Blake stood on the Balcony, unable to enjoy the beautiful view. It was one of the things that she missed the most about being able to see like everyone else. She could never enjoy such amazing views like she used to.

But she could feel the cool breeze wafting through her black hair, hearing the idle chatter of people heading to their homes for the night, and the music playing from their homes. She exhaled, then turned to walk back inside her home. Yang was sitting on the sofa downstairs, loading up on her Shotgun Shells, clenching her cybernetic arm into a fist. Blake walked towards the three bedrooms where their children were sleeping.

Inside of one of the rooms was Taiyang, sat beside Ava's bed, gently caressing her hair with a proud smile. He turned when he heard the floorboards creak, seeing Blake stood there. He got up and tip-toed outside of her room. "Thanks for this, Tai..." Blake whispered.

"Please, it's no problem. Plus, I get to see my grandkids, which is a plus." Taiyang said with a chuckle, smiling at her. "Just wish it was under better circumstances."

Yang walked up the stairs, and she smiled at her dad, holding his arm. His blonde hair had faded and turned grey, but even after all these years, he still wore the same wedding ring he wore when married to Summer. And he will until the day he finally dies, but alas... that day would not be today or for many years to come.

"If all goes well, this shouldn't be too long of an ordeal, hell... hopefully this is the end of this damn Civil War. If we can even call it that anymore?" Yang said as she planted her hand on her hip.

"Well, either way I'm here. And I'll be here for a few weeks. These kids are gonna get sick of me." Taiyang chuckled.

"You saw how excited they were to see you, honestly I think you being here helped tire them out." Blake chuckled.

"Well, I'm honoured I'm such a celebrity here." He joked, bowing to Blake, making her laugh.

Taiyang then turned serious, and he held both their hands as he looked at them. "Be safe, okay? And come back... no Heroic Martyr bullshit." Taiyang begged them. Yang smiled and wrapped her arms around her father.

"You got it, pops." Yang assured, he smiled and patted him on the back. He looked at their rooms, then walked down the stairs. He paused, then looked back at them.

"Still hasn't sunk into me, even after all these years." Taiyang said. Both Blake and Yang raised their eyebrows curiously.

"What hasn't?" Blake inquired.

"I'm a grandpa. Heh... never thought I'd see the day. If your mom was here, Yang? You'd never keep her away." Taiyang said with a proud smile, Yang smile as she remembered Summer's bright smile from the few memories she had of her.

Of course, Yang also thought about Raven and Qrow.

I wonder how they would've reacted to me and Blake having kids?

Taiyang walked down the stairs to sit down on the sofa, waiting for the call, just as planned. Blake held Yang's hand, and she exhaled shakily. She was shaking, and so was Yang. So many lives were riding on this mission, including the lives of their children and their parents. But then again... they haven't failed yet?

And they had no intention of slacking off tonight.

They both walked into each of the rooms of their children, kissing them goodnight before leaving their home. They walked outside and saw Ilia waiting for them, leant against her parked motorcycle, her arms crossed. Bumblebee was parked here as well. "You two ready?" Ilia asked.