Chapter 6 - The Night Terror

Oriana

Thankfully, the Night Terror did not rear it's ugly head again, and Oriana woke up to the peaceful chirps of birds outside her window. Although her head was hurting badly, and she felt her skin be drenched in sweat. "Ugh..." She groaned, slowly sitting upright, only to get dizzy, pressing her hand against her head in pain. "Ow..."

Her vision was blurry, and she grumbled, still feeling shaken up by what she saw in that nightmare. She breathed slowly, then sighed, shaking her head. "Every single time..." she groaned, then she heard a knock on her door.

"Honey?" Pyrrha's voice appeared.

"Hey..." she groaned.

"Can I come in?" She asked.

"Mhm..." Ori groaned, barely keeping her eyes open. Pyrrha walked in and sighed, almost like she was fully expecting to find Oriana in this condition.

"Same symptoms?" She asked.

"Yep... horrible headache, sweating, dizziness, feeling sick... the works." She mumbled, shaking her head and sighing. "Every single time I've had one of those nightmares, I end up like this... it doesn't make sense." She sighed.

Pyrrha walked over to her and sat down beside her, and she lovingly put her arm around her daughter, holding her close. "Well, why don't I whip you up something nice?" She asked her. "Got some bacon ready. Can make some pancakes too. With Uncle Ren's home made syrup." Pyrrha suggested, making Ori chuckle.

"I'm surprised that Uncle Ren managed to send us any, considering Auntie Nora is such a sugar junkie." Oriana giggled, making Pyrrha laugh as well. She looked at her mom and smiled, nodding her head. "Thanks."

Pyrrha saw that Oriana still felt awful about last night, and so did she. She then gently squeezed her hand. "I'm sorry. Last night really got out of hand... I shouldn't have..."

But Oriana just hugged her mom as an answer, burying her head into Pyrrha's shoulder. Pyrrha wrapped her arms around Ori, kissing the top of her head. "It's okay mom... I know now... and I understand." Oriana promised, which made Pyrrha smile, even if thinking about Athena always hurt... it hurt less knowing that her daughter didn't hate her for that argument. That would be the worst possible scenario for her and Jaune.

"By the way..." Pyrrha said, looking at her daughter. Oriana released her mother, sniffling and wiping her snotty nose. "... you didn't say much about your nightmare. Was it the same as usual? Can't remember?"

Oriana was quiet for a few moments, then she gripped her duvet tightly. "No..." she revealed. "I remember all of it this time... and I wish I didn't." She shuddered. Pyrrha raised her brow at that.

"That's new..." Pyrrha said. "Every single time before you could never remember them... this might be the first one you seem to remember."

Pyrrha helped Oriana stand up, and got her dressing gown around her daughter, then taking her downstairs into the living room where she comfily plopped down on the sofa. Pyrrha walked into the kitchen, telling Jaune about this detail. Oriana started taking some medication they had stored away in case she had another one of these night terrors, although all these did were manage the symptoms afterwards, since it was like she had a fever. She leant back against her sofa, fiddling with her scroll and messaging Misty.

Ori: Hey, you okay?

After a few moments, Misty replied.

Misty-Boo: Morning! Yeah... have things... y'know... calmed down?

Ori: Yeah, everything's okay now. Although I had another one of those night terrors last night... worst one yet, actually.

There was a pause.