Chapter 11 - The Train

The Deacon

His personal airship soared across the city of Vale towards the central skyscraper that was the Legion Headquarters, flying above the compound beneath where the main bulk of their military force was located, protecting all Legion Operations, and of course, the President of Remnant itself.

The Deacon banked around the tower until descending upon the landing pad connected to their office, where they left Cardin and Eryka. He exited the airship, walking down the ramp whilst it was still folding out, and behind him trailed Neopolitan. The rising sun shone across her face as she looked around, smirking with the illusion of Roman standing beside her. "Finally hitting the big leagues, Neo." Roman said with a chuckle, crossing his arms, before crumbling away into pink shards as Neo followed the Deacon inside.

He didn't know what to expect, given how their last conversation ended. Would either of them still be here after getting Neo to join this team? He knew in his bones that they hated Neo for the things she's done, especially Cardin, considering he saved Ruby's life from her back when the Black Smog was their greatest concern.

He entered the office, and saw Eryka sat down, looking at a picture of Winter on the day they got married. She looked so beautiful in her white dress, and she never saw her look so happy. It was always something that helped her feel better whenever she felt down, just seeing that face.

She looked up and saw the Deacon standing there. Then he walked down the steps, and Neo walked into her cone of vision. She did not hesitate. She immediately picked up Constantine Damascus and drew the bow, aiming her arrow directly at Neo's head. "Stop." The Deacon calmly commanded.

Eryka refused to say anything. Her eyes said everything she needed to communicate, glaring at Neo with anger. Neo planted her hands on her hip, smirking as she stared at Eryka, when the pink-haired illusion stepped out from behind her, giggling like a little girl. "My, my... look how you've grown!" She laughed, tilting her head and resting her arm on Neo's shoulder. Eryka narrowed her eyes with anger, then they ignited with blue flames.

That took Neo back for a moment. Her pink and brown eyes widened, and she gasped. "Whoa... that's familiar." The Pink Haired Illusion recounted, stepping backwards with Neo. "You're the Last Maiden..."

"Yeah... not out of choice." Eryka stated as she scowled.

"She heard about what Cinder did... it was all over the news for weeks when she was set free." The illusion said, gesturing to Neo as she spoke. "Didn't think she had it in her. Guess she must have found something worth fighting for, something more important than her lust for power."

"You could say that." Eryka confirmed, choosing not to mention Amber by name, if only to keep her safe. At the end of the day, Neo was hunting and butchering anyone who wronged Roman, or anyone remotely connected to those people. Which would mean that Amber would be in danger, since it was Cinder that roped her and Roman into the whole mess with Salem in the first place.

"Sooo... what're we gonna do now?" Neo's illusion asked, just as Neo held out her arms with a smile. It was like she used that Imaginary Friend given life as her voice.

"That all depends on you." Cardin's voice suddenly appeared behind her, and she turned to see him stood in a dark corner, his helmet over his head and visors glowing gold. He walked out and pointed his Mace at her face, towering above the girl. Then his helmet deactivated, clambering back into his collar and revealing his face. Neo's illusion laughed as they stared at Cardin.

"Cardin Winchester... We remember you very well. You were the one who stopped Trivia from getting the revenge she so desperately wanted." The Illusion chuckled.