It's not the same

TW: blood, death, violence, mentioned suicide,
Please let me know if I missed any

'Why can't I just stay with you Niki?' Ranboo signed as they walked back to their home.

They were 12 now, or at least he thought he was.

They don't remember their birthday, or years. Time sort of blurred together, Niki didn't celebrate new year, or her birthday, and since Ranboo didn't know his, neither of them celebrated birthdays.

But they were older, and taller.

Niki did have friends, they didn't visit much, but it always was fun when they did. He loved hanging out with Techno, as odd as his name was, and Wil, who made beautiful music almost magical.

Ranboo never questioned Niki, not about her past, where she was from, anything. It didn't interest the younger.

She cared about him, and that's all that mattered.

Sometimes, Niki would leave him at Techno's house. But she'd always come back.

That's where he was now. In a cabin, in a place where there is always snow on the ground. The man chatted with Niki before she left on her mysterious escapades.

Ranboo was rather preoccupied with petting the dogs, but they still picked up part of the conversation.

"Are you going to try again?" The pink haired man asked.

Niki hesitated. "I don't know. I don't want him getting hurt again."

"You have to try again. It's not safe for him here."

The boy decided to tune out the sour conversation of villages in favor of keeping his cat, Enderchest, from escaping.

He has become rather hateful of villages. No one likes him, no one understands sign, no one talks to them. (Sounds like school!)

● ● ●

"So, what do you want to do today?" Techno asked over a bowl of oatmeal.

Ranboo decided to work up the guts to ask. 'Why do people keep saying it's unsafe for me here?'

"Well. . . Niki fears she isn't quite a fit guardian for you." The god lied on the spot.

'Why not? I think she is an excellent guardian.'

"Well, I mean, she lives alone, is a traveller, roams a lot, and has a job where she can't care for you as much."

'But she cares. I think that's enough for me.'

Techno looked at him sadly. "You deserved so much more than to be sacrificed, kid. Niki just doesn't think she can give you enough."

Ranboo put a hand over the older's hand. It was smaller, and pale, far different than Techno's tan hands, littered with scars.

'I want to stay.' They signed with one hand. 'Niki is so much more than I would've ever hoped for.'

Maybe it's because the younger boy turned around to get something, or maybe Techno was good at hiding things. But glowing red eyes gave Ranboo a sad look. "That's the problem."

● ● ●

Technoblade and Ranboo were playing with the dog pack when the god of manipulation strolled up.

Dream was a dirty blond haired man that looked about the same age as Techno. He was rather nice to Ranboo, but Niki was rather wary of him.

The younger boy didn't know how to feel about him.

"Techno! How have you been?"

"Why are you here Dream?" The pink haired man asked boredly.

"Can't I come and say hi to my rival?" He asked, clapping a boney hand on the other's shoulder.

"I'm not usually an interest to you." The blood god said, his eyes darting to the boy, blissfully unaware as they played with the dog pack.

Dream followed his gaze, the god sighing. "Look-"

"Could I interest you in a cup of tea? We can talk inside." Techno interrupted.

"Sure, sure." Dream said, sticking his hands into his pockets.

"Ranboo? Would you like some tea?"

The child turned and signed a quick 'no thanks'

"Alright, you know the rule, stay out of trouble, don't feed yourself to the polar bear."

The human nodded.

Techno and Dream walked into the cabin. The blood god shut the door, and pointed to one of the chairs around his table. "Sit."

Dream began talking once he was in the chair. Techno busied himself making tea.

"Contrary to what you may believe, I don't want the boy dead."

"Course you don't Dream." The blood god spat bitterly. "You want him alive, you want to gain their trust, and manipulate him. Until they don't know one thing from another."

He poured the hot water, slamming the mug on the table infront of the god. "Don't you?" He hissed. "And then, you want to drive them insane, until they wish to take their own life. Just like Tommy."

Dream looked hurt. "I didn't know what I'd do to him. I didn't know Techno!" He cried out. "I was younger! I didn't know what my power could do. You had a time like that."

Techno glared over his shoulder. "Yes I did. But I had the morals to end my reign of terror." He turned around to face the dirty blond. "You drove Tommy to kill himself, even after he found refuge here, even after everything you saw him go through, inflicted by your hand, or not. You never backed out. Never."

The Blood God's eyes glowed a dangerous red. "I will not allow you to do the same to Ranboo."

He swept out of the cabin in a whirl of silver, smiling softly for the boy playing with the dogs. For a moment, he saw a boy with bright blond hair and a happy laugh, wearing a blue coat as he wrestled with the dogs. Playing tug on a sick.

But that was from a different time. A time of trust and happiness.

______________________________

More layers to the story!

I've been so stressed, my schedule finally came out.

I hate it.

Have a great day/night my friends! 💙💙💙💙💙💙💙💙💙