It's raining again

TW: Blood, injury, death, mentioned suicide, fire, slight gore,
Please let me know if I missed any

Niki laughed as Ranboo sparred the blood god. The mortal was a tall and lanky 17 year old. Somehow, he could hold his own against the blood god. If only for a few minutes before he was pinned again.

They were taller than all the gods in human form. But had the moral backbone of a chocolate eclair.

That was Niki's fault, according to Techno and Wil, but Niki also thinks it was just a part of their personality. He could totally hold his own. They just didn't have the confidence.

Ranboo loved playing music, strumming on a ukulele. If anyone were to ask Niki, it was a trick of the light that his fingertips glowed purple with each string he plucked.

He also loved Enderchest, the wolf, who was fully grown and stood a little more than half the boy's height. He absolutely adored the mortal and would definitely protect them with his life.

As Ranboo grew older, Niki took him to the mortal realm more often. She wanted him to know who they were. Even though, in the end, they were the mortal kid of a Goddess.

● ● ●

They stepped through the portal into a forest. The air smelled odd, far from how it usually did, and apparently, Niki smelled it too, explaining with a sigh, "Peace times are never as long as us gods wish. Humans quarrel over so much, such insignificant little details that get lost to us. They'd go to war with their neighbors for standing too close." She shook her head, "it isn't safe here, and we are far too close to open a portal."

Her hair faded to brown, and she picked up her pace. "Nothing to worry too much over. We just have to find a safe place, and we'll skip out of here." She smiled cheerfully, but her eyes didn't match. Worry seeped into the human's skin, coating it like tar. They continued on, the smell of smoke, and what Ranboo later realized was burning flesh got stronger.

Until they came across an abandoned battlefield, to which Ranboo turned and vomited. Bodies lay strewn across the ground, half charred beings sat in the dying embers, Flames licking at them hungrily. The smell of burning flesh coated their nose, and soot covered every inch of them.

They didn't even realize they were back at their home until Niki splashed a ball of water over their head.

'What happened?' They signed, still dripping wet.

"Quarrels in the human world." She gave Ranboo a bundle of clothes. "I had to wash all the soot off of you."

Ranboo nodded silently, coming back from their room in dry clothes. "I should probably find out more information. I'll see you later, Ranboo."

Ranboo waved faintly before realizing it was night. He busied himself with getting ready and feeding Enderchest.

The two sat by the fire. There was always a bitter chill at night, and the ocean spray didn't help much at all.

'We'll be alright, right Enderchest?' He signed to the wolf. Enderchest nuzzled into the human. His head rested on their chest, listening to the steady beat of their heart.

The two fell asleep like that, curled up by the fire.

● ● ●

The wolf knew something was wrong. His ears perked up,  but he didn't dare move, or he'd disturb the sleeping boy. The dull morning light streamed through curtains Ranboo forgot to close, and the embers of a fire glowing in the fireplace.

Enderchest didn't know what was wrong. Maybe it was the air, maybe it was something outside. The wolf stood up carefully and began pacing around the house, inspecting every inch for something that seemed wrong. Nothing.

Ranboo was up and throwing his cloak on when the young wolf came back to him.

The boy gestured for the wolf to follow them. They were quite odd and never talked. Very different from what one of the older wolves described as a boy.

Henry had a boy once, when he was really young. He said his boy's name was Tommy, and he talked a lot, with a laugh that warmed the old wolf's heart. He had loved his boy, but when he took his life, he also took the warmth that made Henry his dog.

Enderchest doesn't know how he'll handle the death of his boy because he will ultimately live longer.

He doesn't want that day to come.

The young wolf bounded around the boy, kicking up sand and small rocks as Ranboo did that crinkly face thing. Henry said it sounded like laughter without sound. Enderchest would love to hear Ranboo actually laugh.

But then he froze at a smell of smoke mixed with blood. Ranboo saw it too, a portal opened, and a man with orange hair stumbled out, almost falling to the ground.

"Nihachu!" He shouted, ears twitching slightly. "Shit." He leaned against a tree, holding his side. "Nihachu!"

Ranboo beckoned Enderchest to hide in the trees with him. The wolf made his way over, lying at the human's feet.

A moment later, Ranboo was stepping out, holding a sharp knife in front of him. The wolf followed at his heels.

The orange haired guy saw Ranboo, and sighed. "You're Nihachu's child? Right?"

His boy made a hand gesture, and the other guy smiled. "My name is Fundy."

● ● ●

Fundy. The God of intellect and strategy. Ranboo thinks he's Wilbur's son, but that family tree is very odd. Wilbur was apparently married to Sally, the Goddess of rivers, who was in relation to Niki in some way, and Ranboo just never decided to think about it.

"Where's Nihachu?" The god asked, still leaning against a tree.

'Out, she left yesterday.' The mortal signed, and the ginger cursed.

"They've found a way here. They found a way to kill the gods." Fundy said, letting his hand slip away, and the blood from it drip.

Blood stained the sand, making it clump, and splattered over the rocks, as Ranboo helped Fundy to the cottage. He let the god rest on the little porch as they got medical supplies from the house. Everything tumbled out of their hands once they reached the porch, and the human's hands trembled as they reached for bandages.

They had a little bit of medical experience, but not enough. He shook out his hands and methodically began putting gauze over the wounds to stem the blood flow. In a matter of minutes, the white was red, he threw the red gauze away, and put another one on, nothing changed, and blood seeped through the second one just as fast.

The human began panicking, and the god put a hand on their arm. "You'll need to disinfect and sew up the wound."

The human nodded, frantically searching for the disinfectant. He found it and offered a quick, 'Sorry.' Before pinning the god's shoulder down and pouring a bit of it over the wound. The god thrashed, but he was weaker than the mortal boy. That alone made Ranboo's heart race.

The god fell unconscious before Ranboo began stitching up the wound. A small mercy for both of them.

Niki arrived home to see an injured Fundy passed out on her porch and a frantic Ranboo trying to wash away the blood in the ocean's tides.

The Goddess gently placed a hand on his shoulder, murmuring softly.

"Go to bed, you've had a long day."

It was still light out, but the human retired to their bed, Enderchest trotting along with them. Ranboo caught Niki leaning against the counter with a sigh, and he walked faster.

____________________________

No words

Have a great day/night my friends! 💙💙💙💙💙💙💙💙💙💙