For Forever

TW: death, suicide, PTSD
Please let me know if I missed any

It was a normal morning for the Blood God. Wake up, feed the dogs, feed himself, routine patrols, and check the other animals. Look for any crows bearing messages.

It was not a normal afternoon, unfortunately. His afternoon was rudely interrupted when Niki said Ranboo was missing, and then when a certain god he didn't want to see showed up on his porch with said missing child.

Techno stood with his arms crossed, on the verge of telling the kid how worried Nili has been. But it looked like they'd been crying, and the soft part of his heart wouldn't let him berate the kid. He turned his eyes to the god standing behind Ranboo. Blood red piercing through vibrant green.

'I'm sorry if I worried you or Niki.' Ranboo signed somberly.

Techno dropped his arms. "It's fine, kid, come in, both of you, I was just making tea."

He let the two come into the cabin. They both sat down, and Techno finished fixing the tea. He placed a cup in front of each of them, resting his hands on the back of his chair with a sigh. "I'll give you five minutes to give me a decent explanation of one, why you ran off." He said, pointing to Ranboo. "And two, why he was in your realm."

'I'm really sorry Techno, truly. I just wasn't thinking, and Dream said he'd bring me to you because you always have good advice.' Ranboo signed rapid-fire.

The blood god raised an eyebrow at the other god. Dream lept to explain.

"I brought him to my realm because he was angry, and because I can't open a portal directly from Niki's realm to yours. You know the rules. I told him a story that might've helped them understand."

"What did you need my advice on?" Techno asked calmly.

'Well, Niki told me she was a Goddess, and I guess I was upset. I don't know how I feel.'

"Are you upset she's a Goddess? She still loves you the same, right?" The blood god reasons, leaning in, his forearms resting on the dips in the back of his chair.

'No, she's always been nice. I guess I feel more betrayed that she's kept her identity from me.'

"Hm, that makes sense, but does it change how much you love her? And whether you want to stay."

'No, I was just upset at the prospect of being taken away. Back to the villages and the sad looks.'

"Did she ever say she'd be taking you back?"

'Not out right.' The human said, hanging their head in a bit of shame.

"Do you want to stay?" The blood god asked.

'Yes,' Ranboo signed immediately.

"There's someone outside waiting for your answer." Techno said, nodding out the window at the approaching figure.

The young human ran out the door, and all but flew into the goddess's arms. 'I never want to leave, never ever ever ever.' He signed over and over. Smiling at the girl with hibiscus pink hair.

The blood god relaxed a bit more, tensing up again when a cold hand slid onto his shoulder.

"Techno, I'd- I'd like to say that I'm sorry. I'm sorry I took Ranboo to my realm. It was out of my permission."

Techno glanced at the hand on his shoulder, the human flesh rippled to reveal a bony, white hand. Techno's appearance switched, too. Small gold capped tusks could be seen in his peripheral.

"It's alright, I thank you for keeping him safe."

The god behind him took a deep breath. "And I'm sorry - about Tommy. I hope you at least believe me when I say I didn't know what I was doing to him."

His hand left my shoulder. "Can I tell you the story, Techno?" He asked, his eyes shining bright green.

And the blood god hesitates, unsure if he wanted to relive the tragedy. But don't you already do that? Relive a distant dream? With Ranboo as Tommy. Techno looked into the god's eyes. "Yes."

"Then let me tell you a story."

●  ●  ●

I loved Tommy. He was as much my little protégé as the little boy you cared for. Rescued much like Ranboo.

The young boy grinned at the god. "I bet you can't keep up, Dream!" The two were chasing each other 'round the cabin.

A simple game became so much more.

"We fight for our freedom, Tommy." Wilbur said somberly. "We use words, not fists." The blond nodded, face painted battered and bruised.

You played along, too.

"Did somebody say revolution?" A man with pink hair asked, lightning strikes lighting up his silhouette in the dreary rain.

At some point, it was less like playing.

Tommy and Dream faced off, Wilbur counting it off.

1
2
3
4
The two of them stood in a ravine stripped of their titles, their homes, and their lives.
5
6
7
8
Dream stood atop a wall, shouting orders of surrender.
9
10 paces, fire.

By the time I realized it no longer felt like a game-

Taking Tommy away, to a shore where no one was around. Finding a tall wooden pillar a week later. Tracking the blond human down, pursuing him like a cat would chase a mouse. Tommy opening a portal back to the human world, and jumping off a cliff.

-it was too late.

● ● ●

The god of manipulation knelt to the ground, his head hung. "I know what I did will never be forgiven, should never be forgiven. But I want you to know that I'm truly sorry."

The blood god hoisted Dream up by his arm with a small grin. "Well, it's a good thing we have forever to forgive."

The other god lifted his mask, an earnest smile on his face. "Thank you Techno."

Techno chuckled jovially, "Let's go enjoy the present."

____________________

I'm back! Here to give you *fluff/angst*

I might let Cherry make a fanfic, but be warned, she is the one that helps with gore and stuff like that, and won't update hardly as frequently as I do.

Luv you!

Have a great day/night my Friends! 💙💙💙💙💙💙💙💙💙💙