Unexpected Arrival

Mist now clears, allowing Astrid and the bird to transpire deeper into the atmosphere of the school as it lingers below on the horizon; a bridge separating two architecturally impressive palaces. It's obvious which is which. The good school, bright, elegant, polished and blossoming with little meadows outback and gardens in the front. It reminds Astrid of her own home, the meadows really awe-struck her with familiarity. Maybe I am suited here! Across the arching bridge, the one that hangs on cliff by cliff, rock by rock, lies horror. Or maybe I am not suited here... Pointy roofs, gothic architecture, dark and gloomy, lingering with rain clouds and darkness, is the school for evil. Thankfully, the evil, vampire dungeon like building departs Astrid's vision and her eyes are engulfed with the bright, pastels and whites of the proper castle... all Astrid can remember about this school is that both sides rival against each other, Astrid will not be able to handle this.

Sharp, once tormenting, claws let go of Astrid. She screams and bellows, finally being silenced by the absorption of the water. This water is like being dipped in luxurious bath water... Astrid's head rises, hair slicked back revealing the maturity in her face compared to the teenagers. Why am I here, why the fuck am I in a school anyway? I'm 34, not 14. All the adolescent faces peer at Astrid and her flawless, mature face. She humbly sifts herself through the water and onto the shore, being the first to meet the sandy bank as the others holler back in perplexment. "Astrid Widows!" A male voice projects, pulling Astrid up. "Follow me, Miss. We have a lot to discuss, but first, please get yourself suited up in some of our fabulous gowns!" He chucks her a basket, filled with papers, maps books, and folders. The gates seem to push Astrid in to the castle, secluding her from her soon to be students as they pester in confusion. I don't understand either... guys... even though I'm twice your age. She sighs, looks toward the floor and remembers what she's grasping, a basket. Filled with little things to help her earn some knowledge about this overwhelming place. A map... this will be useful.  Beautifully sketched illustrations of the school, shaded neatly and precisely display a representation of the schools exterior - just like what greeted Astrid earlier - the two schools, the bridge, the fields, the forest, the lake and moat. On the right side of the map was a more simple layout of small blocks laid out; what seems to be the layout of the good school. I need to go upstairs, then upstairs again, then upstairs again, make a left, then a right, go straight, go up the spirally staircase then to my right is the dressing room. Simple enough. An overwhelmed Astrid ventures through the halls, foyers and elegance of the good school; marble pillars stand in every corner, shiny white chandeliers swing and twinkle in the corner of her eye as she passes up the big grand staircase leading to the second floor, still holding the basket of papers and folders with her for later usage.

Glamourous gowns of all unique colours and designs: pinks, blues, whites, oranges, yellows, greens, halters, V-necks, trail dresses, short dresses, long dresses, everything was there. Astrid dressed herself out of the soaked and heavy lacy white dress, throwing it's saturation away and replacing it with a fitted elegant gown, silky and shimmery with a soft pink colour. Her long, voluptuous princess-like gown spun as she tipped herself right and obtained the basket, looking through the papers. "Headmasters, teachers and deans." Read the text, Astrid perked curiosity and begun identifying the educators. Noticing the dean list she decided to look at it, realising that the previous dean had been crossed off, scribbled out. Hm... they must be in the new process of recruiting a new dean for good? Astrid flicked the page once more and was greeted with the dean of evil. Lady Lesso. The Lady Lesso, the one that's been in all the tales. Lady Lesso... she was in my dream! I remember now, she set up Professor Dovey in my dream, that  was the old dean of good... but a dream is fictional right? All that's the truth is those tales of her... and either way, she's still an absolute bitch. Astrid can't help but linger her eyes at Lady Lesso, there's just something about her demeanour; it's quite strong. It's like an attraction, attracting her mind telling her to stay away, to be mean, but she can't. She knows you can't fight evil with even more evil, there has to be balance. Her page drops out of an unexpected motion of anxiety. The same male voice from earlier emerges, alarming Astrid. "Do not worry, Astrid. It's just me." He picks up the paper and stares at the contents and photo. "I see..." He rubs his chin in an intellect way. "I see you've discovered and identified the other dean." What does he mean the 'other' dean?  That's implying there's another, when there isn't. Astrid, baffled in thought simply nods. "She's beautiful, isn't she?" He smiles at Astrid's lack of engagement, her pupils unexpectedly dilating at the thought of the evil dean. "Don't be fooled by her." The paper falls on the table surface as they both exit the room.