Teacher in training

All the educators and students had nestled in their own personal rooms, intended for sleep and relaxation. But Astrid didn't know that yet... she didn't know the importance of sleep whilst being a dean; she stayed up, thinking. If I was brought here, I wouldn't be a reader, would I? I've never read much books about this school... There has to be a reason why I'm here, like a family reason. I never knew much about my mother, she passed when I was a very young child; maybe she was some sort of ever? Maybe she went here? Astrid decided to look through the files the headmaster gave her earlier today. It showed the ex-dean of good, so wouldn't it show the deans from years ago, to honour them? As the pages flicked back years and years, eventually reaching 1895, the year Astrid was born. Jane Widows... her finger underlined the finely printed letters, glimmering with a unique golden sparkle, one the other names did not possess. She quickly looked up to the photo displaying this woman: blonde hair in an updo, soft-doll like features, a gentle aura beaming out of her doe eyes. This is my mother... a spitting image of me. Faded memories suddenly came to light in Astrid's fogging mind, her mother, cradling her at the age of two, wearing that exact same hairstyle, smiling with those doe eyes. Astrid's carbon copy doe eyes fell further down the page, meeting a class photo. Her mother on the left of the students. Suddenly, she saw another familiar human... one that looked a little similar to her. This class of Evers had two similar looking woman and child: Miss Jane Widows and Claire Widows... all Astrid thought in this moment was nothing. Her mind stung, her brain numb. Her finger numb as it slide the paper out of sight, in disbelief. Her body numb. I had a sister? Small, trickling thoughts managed to correlate in Astrid's mind, comforting her bewilderment. They both died in that fire like dad said? Astrid felt her eyes wrenching, about to burn with water. Her heart had leaked all the warmth of Astrid into heart-felt, sincere tears of mourn. Well... at least I know I have a purpose here... Tears swam out of her eyes, diving down her cheek and gliding like a professional swimmer. I am professional at crying after all... the tears bled away, her mind bled into a state of unconsciousness, her eyes, closed, healing from the chemical-like tears once picking her skin.

Knocks on the white, pristine door interrupted her sleep. She quickly got up and hid the papers and files under her bed, waiting for another knock and maybe some words? "Wake up, little princess!" It was Lesso... with that same old smoky voice, chiming some form of evil charisma. How has the night gone so fast... did I really spend that long studying all this? I didn't sleep much! I look so horrible! Her anxiety eased a little as she heard Lesso's voice and quickly fixed her hair and opened the door, noticing the dean of evil looked better than her... how is the dean of evil, a Never... better looking in the morning than me! An Ever! Astrid's eyes couldn't glance away from Lesso's perfectly slender body, wrapped in a trench coat. "My gosh..." Lesso looked at Astrid and hid a chuckle. "What?" It's my poor look, isn't it... "Yep, you definitely did not sleep last night! How stupid, you know, you need to start sleeping, you're going to be exhausted as a dean after all, you need all the energy obtainable! You never know what could happen..." Lesso invited herself in, pushing Astrid back with her cane that felt a lot sharper today, for some reason. "Put this on. It's your first class today, you're helping the Ever girls in beautification... you have to be a good role model." Lesso chucked Astrid a black tie - looking like something Lesso herself would wear - "Lesso... what would you know about fashion for Evers? This is ridiculous, I'm not attending some gothic business meeting. I in fact am attending a class filled with preppy little bitchy girls, who would judge me if I didn't have the latest on trend gown!" All of a sudden Lesso's eyebrows did that same fiery tipping arch thing, again, and she scowled her face, turned away, dramatically picked up a corset with her cane and flicked it at Astrid, salty. "There, is that better, your highness?" Her voice whined and mocked one of an immature child. Astrid, nodded and walked way deeper into the vast, pretty in pink dressing room. "How did you even get in here?" Astrid called out, now just realising how the fuck did Lesso get in here? "Oh please, I'm not a student. Us deans and professors can go anywhere we please..." Before Astrid finally slid the curtains across, she peeped her head out: "Why did you come here?" Smiling but rolling her eyes in annoyance Lesso responded, "Why do you ask so many questions?" Astrid, reconsidered and realised that if she couldn't ask that question, Lesso probably couldn't answer the question she asked either. Pink, velvety fabric separated Lesso and Astrid from making eye contact. Behind the laces of the curtain was Astrid, carefully pulling up a baby blue, laced ballgown, V-necked and long sleeved. Finally, slipping on a pair of white glossy heels about 4-inches. Noticing herself in the vanity she decided to wave her fluffy hair into something nicer. "Oh my god, would you hurry up? We have classes to teach! You cannot be late to your first class because one spot of your face didn't have enough foundation." Lesso tapped her heeled boots on the ground, impatiently. "You said I'm teaching beautification, I have to be beautiful, remember? You said the girls needed a role-model?" Lesso ripped open the curtain, lips pressed together, trying to hold her aggression. "You already look beautiful, hurry up!" Lesso pushed Astrid down the stairs with her cane and redirected herself back to her evil school. Astrid felt herself a bit stargazed but gazed back to reality as she ran down the stairs, nearly late for her first class.