A Pleasant Nightmare

Astrid attempts to talk to the school master and explains Lesso's state but the school master Treading rapidly across the bridge to the centre of it, waving her foot off the edge of the bridge, awaiting steps to magically present themselves; Astrid is preparing for either death or life. Milky smog, followed alongside near translucent steps shine through the darkening afternoon. Astrid stablishes her footing, fearing for her life as she risks stepping over into nothingness. Instead, she continues ascending up toward the platform, concrete and solid, supporting a small rounded brick tower. Watching the steps fade behind her, she leaps onto the platform, out of breath, looking over upon the school. One side bright and gold, the other darker than the night sky, not as dark as her current mood right now, though. This is my consequence, I trespassed the gold and shimmer, exposing myself to the dark and wicked, I now have to face the school master. Before her hand can even reach adjacent, the door swings open, the school master grasping her and shoving her into a small, nimble wooden chair perpendicular to his throne of honour. "I know what you have been up to." He somewhat demands, angering Astrid's anxiety. "You've been infiltrating the Never school, leaving behind your own students?" He raises an eyebrow, Astrid's heart rate rising. "That's not very responsible behaviour coming from one of the biggest influences of the school!" Now scolding, the school master chimes disappointment. "Maybe you aren't such a good dean after all... a dean should be able to be independent, able to think on their feet, but no. You require a lot of reassurance from Miss Evil, don't you?" Near tears, she feels pestered by his pesky words. "Your dirty little secret..." The school master stands, looking out the window toward the good school. "You left behind such glamour and lavish for this?!" His staff points towards the gothic nature of the evil school. "All for a woman who doesn't even love you?" He inches closer to Astrid, startling her. "She can't love! She's a heartless witch!" Astrid can feel her face flame, with tears and rage. "Yes she can!" Her fists clench. "Nevers cannot love, that's in their DNA, you foolish woman... so desperate for love, like the perfect Ever you are, so gullible, so naïve, you fell in love with a Never? Why? Why couldn't you just be normal and find a prince or a king even?" He notices Astrid's rising anger and clenching fists. "Maybe she's already infected you with her evil, maybe her dying wasn't such a good plan of mine... you're probably going to be her 2.0?" Astrid leeches onto the school masters throat, boosting out of her seat, attempting to strangle his authority and neck. "An Ever can never fight, please." He slams her against the wall, her back scraps against the wall, dropping to her knees, bawling her eyes out. "See, this is why you need a prince. A nice strong prince to save you, but, instead, you chose another weak woman who couldn't even protect you let alone herself because she was so foolish." The school master circles the room, watching in approval as Astrid screams in rage. "Where the fuck is the rose! Just give me the rose!" Scavenging her eyes, she finds nothing, only the school masters face as he bends down, smirking. "No, this was my plan. I wanted Leonora dead for years... when she was still a student here, I hated her. She was too powerful for her own good, she also liked this stupid little Ever girl who is in fact your sister, as I'm sure Lesso has told you. I killed both that girl and her mother, I wanted to break Lesso, it never worked, but now it's perfect. She's in love with you and because she's gotten older and her powers are at a peak, they're easier to identify and I can break them easier. And I have. Now she's finally gone! And it's all your fault..." He shakes his head, "I also don't approve of your relationship whatsoever, are you guys out of your mind! Two women cannot date each other in my faculty." Astrid lashes and smacks his face, spiting words in his face. "You say this school is for anybody! Anybody who feels a misfit in the true world due to their magic, you deem this as all accepting but won't even let us date! What is with you-" Astrid's agonising pleas and yells are cut by a hand over her mouth. "Exactly, only magic. I didn't say romance." Astonished and exasperated, Astrid gives up. "It doesn't matter anyway, Lady Lesso is gone now anyway." Furthermore tears blead, her skin bleeding under his fingernails. Her heart bleeding, exploding with all the tension. "You can't take her from me!" Astrid arises, booting the school master to the floor, his head bleeding out too. "Alright, that's it." His voice roars, weighing down Astrid's soft tears as she realises her huge mistake she just assaulted onto somebody. Smashing open the door, he throws Astrid across onto the bridge. "You don't deserve stairs!" He is inaudible to Astrid whilst she scrapes against the cobblestone. After making a dramatic embark off the stairs, the school master lifts Astrid's forearm, wiping her face across the floor, dragging her like a sack of rubbish. Once arriving in her own bedroom back in the good school, her bedroom suddenly fades all pink's into grey, all yellows into black, all whites into charcoal. The school master cackles at his own doings. He looks at Astrid like his own artwork, realising the cuts and scratches he carved upon her skin from the cobblestone. "Have fun in here, princess." Imitating a smoky voice from Lesso, he secludes Astrid in her bedroom, slamming the door behind himself, twisting a familiar key in the keyhole. He had the key too... I could've fucking used that for the kitchen, for a good cause, but instead this snake gets it to torture me!