Miss Astrid

"Let me explain all of this to you." The male voice allures Astrid to sit down and begin learning and discussing. They sit facing each other, hands above a white marbled surface, rounded at the edges, somewhat small in size as it sits neatly and cozily in the nook of the private library - intended for professors, deans and the headmaster himself, who Astrid sit's adjacent to - "Recently, our dean of good has committed some not so good things. We had to banish her, we cannot have a - presumably - good dean disobeying." Astrid's interest perks, her mind races with corelation.  It was Lady Lesso's doing... I bet. This is all too closely related, I dreamt about that dean, Professor Dovey, being confronted by Lady Lesso. But why am I? What is so significant... Astrid decides to listen furthermore, trying to piece together things as carefully as she can, trying not to damage anything. "You are here, Astrid because, well. You've been chosen, we want you as the dean of good." Now all the puzzle pieces have exploded into tiny fragments again. "What!" Astrid pronounces an astonished look and tone. "Yes, why else do you think you, an adult woman, was dropped at the school? You wouldn't be attending here as a student." Before Astrid can ask more, he elaborates. "I am the headmaster. I am here to guide you. And I recommend one thing..." He looks hesitant and nervous, almost sweating the fear. Astrid is now practically gripping the seat out of anticipation. "Do not get involved with Lady Lesso. She's a trap." The headmaster, usually calm and zen now speaks stern and forceful; "Why?" Ask's Astrid, presuming herself as unknowing. The headmaster sighs and leans forward like he's about to tell a secret. "Lady Lesso... she must've had something to do with the previous deans... interest... in her." Astrid nods her head, astounded at the additional information. "We banished Professor Dovey, we couldn't have such relationships in this school." Stepping out of his chair then embarking towards the door. "Now, you must be on your way to the students arrival day. It's their first day, just like you. Attend this, it's at the main hall, first floor. Lady Lesso will be there, she will be doing majority of the speaking. Just introduce yourself, everybody knows you're also new around here." Before she can look back into the headmasters warm eyes she is pushed by the door into the hallway, staring down the stairwell, nervous and shaken. This all makes sense now... I was dropped here to be the new dean, Lady Lesso on the other hand is too evil and smart for this school's good. I think I'm meant to 'rid of her', I can't... I'm just as weak as Dovey was. I'm not suited for this! Lady Lesso will destroy me! They've got it wrong.

Astrid Widows, once always desperate to leave the boredom of her old life behind; now regrets her wish. It was that wish and curiosity that led her here, if she had just gotten another key made she would've never been in this situation. Or, if she had just not gone out at night she wouldn't have been here. I should've listened to my fear of the dark... now, she's here. Clueless, uncertain and apprehensive. Her story here relies all on what will happen with her and the other dean... it's gonna be hell or a bit of heaven and hell. I can't let the good school be overtaken by hell - the evil school - Astrid knows she can't fight evil with evil, she's already getting the hang of this... that's a rule of the good school, maybe she's more suited than she thinks?

"Miss Astrid!" The headmaster preaches as Astrid tips her heel point down to the first step of the staircase, about to descend with her grace. "I know you're overwhelmed, there's gonna be a meeting between the professors, you two deans and me; after all of that happens downstairs. Follow Lady Lesso when you guys have finished, just don't follow her anywhere else... she's always got something unexpected up her sleeve." Astrid nods and is about to leave when a thought crosses her mind, one she could get a bit in trouble for; she still decides to voice her concern, though. "Why haven't you banished Lady Lesso? You say you think she's the culprit behind Dovey's mistakes... and you seem to despise her..." The headmaster sighs and Astrid listens with empathy. "There's no proof of her being in the wrong, I can't just banish her. Even if she was the root cause of that whole fiasco, Dovey provided the most evidence. Lady Lesso is intelligent, she's scarily intelligent. You have to admit, she's evil but it's great, she's a huge hit with the students of evil." He shakes his head and closes the door, stopping the conversation all together. I feel like he's scared of Lady Lesso... I think they all are. I need to try be unafraid of her, she probably isn't as bad as she seems... people are just scared because she poses a threat intellectually. They don't want to be overtaken by her so they suck up to her.  Her mind eases it's anxiety as she spirals and descends down the twisty and windy staircase, running her smooth delicate hands down the rails, feeling the glossiness and sheen of the wooden surface. At the end of the stairwell stands a couple metre long hallway and a door frame, secluded and shut with rustic but elegant wooden doors. Behind the slab of wood is where she's intended to be. Before entering, Astrid touches the band wrapping the strands of hair that upkeep the elegant, ballerina like bun her hair creates; making sure her hair is perfect, she dusts herself down, propping the skirt of the dress up to appear more pronounced and formal. This is my first impression... I need to appear suited for this place.