Ever vs Never

!VIOLENCE WARNING FOR THIS CHAPTER!

(Five months later: Astrid has been educating the Evers for about six months now)

"Miss Astrid!" An ever girl, 14-15 years old, sweet with her innocence gone; she's terrified and shaking as her voice blares down the hall to Astrid - who was walking to her office - "Yes?" Turning around, Astrid realises who this little girl is. "Lacey?" Astrid 's voice whistles at the best student, academically. Astrid always helped Lacey earlier throughout the year, now students have settled in, showcasing their true image; it was clear to Astrid the true intentions of the students, who would meet success, and who wouldn't. Seeing Lacey, an A+ student so distraught deceived her. "Are you alright, dear?" gracefully walking toward her best student, Astrid felt very saddened. Seeing somebody she was so proud of, frantic and distraught, rattled her the wrong way. "No!" tears rolled, "I'm" her breathing shorted, "No!" then sharpened, piercing the air again, "I'm not!" Lacey panicked as she stood still, looking somehow guilty. "Please calm down! Come with me?" Astrid's satin, blossoming with yellow dress, shimmied to the side with her as she offered to Lacey. Lacey immediately walked closer with her ballerina flats, lightly stepping alongside her dean.

"What's wrong?" A chair slid underneath the polished to perfection desk. Lacey peered, eyeing everything surfaced upon pristine white surfaces - from the desk to the towering bookcase behind Miss Astrid's desk - pinks, yellows and baby blues brightened her gloomy mood, after all, it was good to be back in an environment you were destined for. Staring at a rose boutique neatly tucked in a vase, Lacey's eyes drifted upward to those soft, attentive doe eyes of her dean. "Tell me, please!" Oh, I can't ignore Miss Astrid! She's done so much for me... Lacey's mind flipped sides, deciding who she should betray; her lovely dean or the other thing... the other thing is scary, maybe even dangerous, if she tells Miss Astrid both of them could be in danger. But if she doesn't tell Miss Astrid they'll both be safe, but Miss Astrid will worry. "It's Lady Lesso!" Suddenly, Lacey's thoughts popped and leapt out of crevices of her brain; now residing externally. Astrid's face flamed with fear and annoyance when she heard that name. Her other dean, her 'acquaintance', her 'idol' dean, the one she was meant to be trusting, somehow hurt her student. "What did she do?" Astrid leans further on top of the desk, palms rooting her position, triple ounces of seriousness in her voice. "I'm scared!" Lacey has a whine to her voice, a piercing one, physically piercing too - just like Lesso's cane - Lacey can almost feel Lesso's cane threating her, if she doesn't do this right. Astrid's eyes gloss over with hurt, watching her student this way. How dare she... she's the dean of evil, of course, but why would she go this far? How dare she even interact with one of my students! Astrid can hear Lesso's voice in her head, coarse and rough, defending herself: "Nevers and Evers are allowed to interact less restrictively now! Of course I'm inclined to this, I'm evil! I just couldn't help myself; this is what happens when you change an important rule. The Nevers get hungry for battle... so they start it." Oh! How she wishes Lesso's voice wasn't burnt inside her. "Ok, dear, you have to tell me everything. Lady Lesso should not be scaring a student this much, what has she done? We can sort this." Astrid raises a hand to Lacey's shoulder, comforting her to speak furthermore. "She beat me up!" Lacey rubs a purple bruise on her forearm, it smudges slightly. Not noticing what she was meant to, Astrid rips herself off her seat and takes Lacey by the wrist and marches down, penetrating her heels into the ground as she goes. Why the fuck is a 38 year old woman beating up a student?! What does this bitch think she's doing! She's such a menace!

"Lady Leonora Lesso!" A usually soft, soothing voice, screeched like an alarm, echoing and bouncing off the spiky pillars in the evil school's 'grand' hall. To no avail, no response to Astrid's scold. Tugging by the wrist, Astrid squeezes Lacey's wrist tighter as her anger stretches, expands and ticks - about to explode like a bomb, inside her. I am an Ever... I have to defend, I can't attack. I can't attack. I have to defend, I have to defend our rights. Each time she stepped, each time she thought any thought; her rage was closer to being set free, out of confinement. I can't believe I trusted that witch! Astrid was now coming to realisation... an Ever cares, loves and protects, a Never neglects, hates and attacks. I should've known... we could've never been close. We're too different. Why the fuck is this school allowing Evers and Nevers to be closer?! This is the whole entire reason Lesso was allowed near this poor girl. "Leonora Lesso!" Astrid stung once more.
Shadows near the end of the corridor portrayed a thin figure, long and lanky, stretching lengths up the jagged brick wall, the ebony black banking closer as it turns around the curves; to Astrid and Lacey who stand directly in the middle. She appears; that classic trench coat, dragging down to her ankles, buttoned all way up, flaming red hair seemingly going up in flames as it puffs away from her scalp, eyebrows arched scarily alongside a stone cold, pale face. Lady Lesso's cane pronounces herself close when it bangs against the floor, symbolising her presence. "I am here." Her eyebrows arch even more, twisting her full, slightly glossed lips into a dangerous smirk. "Oh! Look who it is!" A long lanky hand, scrawny and veiny from her anger clenches her collar. Lacey hides behind Astrid, terrified of the woman in front of them. "Lesso, what the fuck do you think you're doing?" An Ever, swearing, a forbidden sight, but predictable with Astrid's viciousness. "Hm?" Lesso opposes herself innocent in front of the two ladies. "Go on Lacey, show her!" Astrid ascends Lacey's pink sleeves up her arm, strangling her arm with anger as she examines the smudge, demanding a response from Lesso. "Oh! That!" Lesso's deep, dark voice intertwines with her soothing side and correlates a deep, smoky chuckle. "No worries, she can just go to the nurse! Or you, my Ever, can fix it yourself. What do you really expect a Never to do, darling?" Her words stall, creeping into the minds of those she's secretly terrified of in this instant. This little Ever girl better not bail out on me... Lesso queries as she sees the smudge appearing fainter as the young girl sweats apprehensively. "Lacey. Leave." Astrid whispers to her student; she immediately bolts when given permission, not looking back even once.