009

┏━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━┓

𝗘𝗗𝗚𝗘 𝗢𝗙 𝗚𝗥𝗘𝗔𝗧

chapter nine:everything I know brings me back to us !

chapter nine:
everything I know brings
me back to us !

┗━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━┛

IT WAS THE day of her Juilliard audition, and Athena was . . . freaking out.

The previous day, Athena had flown out to New York City with her parents. It was her first time ever properly going to the other side of the country, which meant it was also the first time she was experiencing the city that so many people had said could change lives. Obviously, it was an incredible experience in itself, but the real reason why she was here was only moments away.

Located in the heart of Manhattan, practically steps away from Central Park, Athena stood in front of the school. The streets bustled around her, moving with endless amounts of people and cars trying to navigate through traffic. Athena glanced down at her paper again before looking back up. There were only two buildings — the school building, and the residence hall.

This school was incredibly small, only accepting about seven percent. And Athena had managed to score an audition. It didn't necessarily mean that she would get in, but if she did, that meant she would be here for her college career, doing something that she loved.

"Maybe you should go in," her dad suggested. "You've only got about ten minutes until your audition time."

Athena tucked a piece of purple hair behind her ear, gripping onto the piece of paper telling her where to go for her audition tighter. It was a relief having her parents here, but it would've been even better if she had her best friend or boyfriend here with her to calm her down. That wasn't the case, unfortunately. Violetta was stuck at East High shooting for the movie, and Ricky . . . well, Ricky seemed to have vanished off of the face of the planet, which was just great.

She took out her phone, checking the time. Her dad was right — she did only have ten minutes before auditions. The only other notification on her screen was from Violetta, wishing her good luck and that she was going to absolutely crush it. Other than that, nothing. None of her texts or calls had been answered by Ricky, and Athena thought she was going to go insane.

"'Thena," her mom cut in, snapping her out of her thoughts. She looked up, only to see her mother with a smile on her face. "No matter what happens, just know that we're proud you got here in the first place. But we believe in you."

Athena nodded. "Thanks, mom."

Her mom's smile widened and she leaned down, pressing a kiss to the top of Athena's head. "You've got this."

"Go in there and show them what you're made of," her dad added. "We'll be around. Keep us updated."

Athena let out a deep breath. She then picked her head up and walked into the building. Students milled around, laughing and chatting with each other inside. All Athena had to do was follow the signs until she finally reached the audition waiting room. Multiple other people were in there as well with their instruments and music and scripts. Athena glanced around for a moment before finding an empty seat and settling down.