014

┏━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━┓

𝗘𝗗𝗚𝗘 𝗢𝗙 𝗚𝗥𝗘𝗔𝗧

chapter fourteen:I had the time of my life with you !

chapter fourteen:
I had the time of my life with you !

┗━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━┛

RICKY BROUGHT HER to the dressing room — the very same room that he had given her the necklace that practically signified their relationship about a year ago. He let go of her hand and grabbed a red electric guitar, slinging it over his shoulder.

Athena titled her head. "Where'd you get an electric guitar?"

"EJ gave it to me," Ricky answered. "I — um . . . I have a song for you. I was going to sing it later, but now feels like the right time."

She nodded, placing herself on top of the vanity. "I'll listen."

Ricky let out a deep breath. "Two, three, four." He then started to strum the electric guitar. "I've been wishing on a falling star for too long. I've been running, Idon'tknow what from. Butyou and I've become a sacredkinda home."

Athena stared at him, a soft smile making its way onto her face. She remembered that night when he found out his parents were divorcing, and how he had come directly to her when Miss Jenn told him to go home. And that night, when they exchanged Christmas presents, how he had upheld that statement. She was home to him, and he was home to her. No matter what, Athena always felt safe with him and free to be herself.

Against her own will, tears started to form in her eyes. All night, she had been trying not to cry. But these weren't tears of sadness or exhaustion anymore. They were tears of happiness. Because Ricky made her the happiest girl in the world.

"I'm in love, I'm in love, I'm in love, and I know it. No net, no fear right here in this moment. Mm, I've never been more sure of what I got, yeah, 'cause this is so much more than puppy love."

She let out a quiet giggle. Their puppy date — how he had brought her there because she loved golden retrievers, and how he sang her New Year's Day, knowing it was one of her favorite songs.

"So 'll say it first, no matter what the cost. Here I am, full heart, full stop, I love you." Ricky glanced up at her, taking it up an octave for a moment. "I wanna finish what we started in the stairwell where we met."

Athena finally felt tears drip down her cheeks. Her and Ricky met because they were neighbors, but the place that they truly met for the first time was on the stairs at Athena's house when Ricky came over for a playdate. Although she was little, Athena could remember everything about that time. She didn't know what love was back then, but she pinpointed that memory of the first time somebody every made her heart grow bigger.