015

┏━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━┓

𝗘𝗗𝗚𝗘 𝗢𝗙 𝗚𝗥𝗘𝗔𝗧

chapter fifteen:when we're together we're inperfect harmony !

chapter fifteen:
when we're together we're in
perfect harmony !

┗━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━┛

GETTING READY FOR the night of nights was something that Athena had always dreamed of, and she couldn't believe it was actually here.

Athena knew that she said in the winter musical that she wished everything would just slow down, but before she knew it, May had rapidly approached. Along with it came college decisions — and Athena had actually enrolled in Juilliard — and other senior activities. And one of those senior activities, along with it being one of the main things she knew would define her senior year, was Prom.

Her and Violetta — who had managed to squeeze some time out of her filming schedule — had gone shopping with some of the other girls for dresses. Call her cheesy, but Athena really wanted to pay homage to Homecoming. After all, that night was the one night that started it all for her and Ricky. First date, first kiss, first time stepping over that line of being best friends and being in a relationship.

So, her prom dress was purple. The top part was decorated in flowers, which trailed down to the bottom tulle skirt. Not only did it match the color of her other prom dress, but it also matched the underside of her hair, which she dyed a little more purple for the occasion. Her shoes were silver, matching the same silver necklace she wore every day with the owl, the letter R, and the planet Saturn charms.

Athena let out a deep breath, smoothing down her skirt with her hands. It was just a dance, she shouldn't have been nervous, but she was. Maybe it was the thought of doing a big event like this would be the last one before graduation. Whatever it was, her nerves weren't about Ricky this time.

After High School Musical 3, they had a lengthy conversation about everything. Athena would be going to Juilliard — no way could she turn that down. Ricky, on the other hand, had to get his grades up in order to attend Salt Lake community college. And he did — with a little help from Athena, of course. Their relationship was stronger than ever. No more running, no more fighting. It was a peaceful drive down Honeymoon Avenue.

There was a knock on her door, followed by her sister's voice. "'Thena?"

Athena smiled a little. Artemis had done extremely well in her first year of college and was home for summer break, which meant she was also home to see Athena off to prom. Just like she had for Homecoming, and for camp. It felt kind of full circle, actually.