013

┏━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━┓

𝗘𝗗𝗚𝗘 𝗢𝗙 𝗚𝗥𝗘𝗔𝗧

chapter thirteen:I guess my heart just doesn't know it's in high school !

chapter thirteen:
I guess my heart just doesn't know
it's in high school !

┗━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━┛

ATHENA PACED AROUND the rehearsal room, her heart heavy. She could feel Ricky's gaze burning into the side of her face, but she ignored it for now.

It was almost time for Act Two, and she was wearing Gabriella's plum-colored dress, but all she was focused on was seeing Violetta, who hadn't come back yet. The others were busy transforming EJ, who was now apparently going on for Coach Bolton since Mr. Mazzara had to do the sound after a mishap with Maddox.

"Um, come on," Maddox announced. "Bro bear, Ricky, placed for The Boys Are Back."

Violetta then came running into the room, still in her prom costume. "I'm back. Hey, guys."

Athena's head snapped up. "Vi."

"'Thena, I'm so sorry about not showing up. I—"

"You don't have to say anything." Athena gave her a small smile. "I know."

Violetta blinked at her. "You know?"

"I do. And words can't describe how happy I am for you. This new movie can change your life, and of course you're going to do it . . . even if it means leaving tonight. Go be a star for me, okay?" Athena then pulled her into a tight hug. "I'm so proud of you, Vi."

Violetta hugged her back, just as tight. Athena looked up, only to see Ricky and Jet walking past her. Their eyes locked for a moment, and Athena let out a deep breath. If he knew, Violetta deserved to know just as much.

"I got into Juilliard, by the way," Athena told her.

Violetta nodded. "I know. The second you said big news."

Miss Jenn then walked into the room, making the two pull apart. "Okay, let me see my number one nemesis. Coach Bolton."

The crowd around the chair dispersed, revealing EJ with makeup that made him look old and casual clothes.

"It's now or never," EJ said. "Take two."

Violetta stared at him in confusion for a moment before walking up to him. Athena shook her head and walked over to one of the vanities. She smoothed down the skirt of the dress and tousled her hair just a bit, just as The Boys Are Back echoed all the way from the gym.