art classes.

Wednesday never really did art as she thought it was an unnecessary skill. Until it came down to grades. She hated getting a low grade in any subject.

▪︎▪︎▪︎

"Wednesday. I took a look at your grade for arts and it's not looking good. You need to put more effort into your paintings and sketches. You will need tutoring classes if you want to get better in arts." Said Ms. Olive.

"Who is willing to tutor me?"

"You will be tutored by one my best art students, Xavier Thorpe."

"Can I just practice on my own instead?"

"I've already spoken to him, and he's agreed to meet you today, in his art shed at 7:30 pm. I will see you tomorrow in class Ms. Addams." The woman went back to sipping her tea and checking off assignments.

Wednesday had two hours before meeting Xavier in his art shed. She played her cello and wrote a new chapter of her novel. She looked at the time, 6:45 pm.

The monochrome girl wore a tight fitting white top and a windbreaker over it. For bottoms she just wore some oversized shorts and black sneakers. Her outfit was mostly black as white gets stained easily.

She walked down the path, to his art shed. She raised her hand to knock when the door flew open unexpectedly as Xavier stood in front of her,

"Wednesday, you actually showed up." He stepped aside for her to enter.

"So...what would you like to learn first? I mean, you are here to learn right?" He asked as he folded his arms.

She gave a small nod.

"Ok so, how about we sketch something? Have you ever sketched before?"

"Yes."

"Here, take this." Xavier handed her sketchbook and a charcoal pencil. He pulled out a small chair for her while he sat on a table.

"Just draw anything okay? I just need to know how well you can sketch."

He watched her carefully as she thought for a second and started drawing something out. After a few minutes she handed him the sketchbook and he started observing her drawing.

"Is that a moth? That looks pretty good. I think you need to work on your shading and linework."

He was surprised at her sketch, she'd only drawn a moth but it was a decent sketch considering the fact that she's only drawn a few times.

▪︎▪︎▪︎

It was 8:25 pm when Wednesday got up from her seat to return back to Nevermore,

"I should return to my dorm, it's getting late." She said in her monotone voice.

"Me too, I'll just finish up with this painting before leaving. Are you coming back tomorrow? It's fine if you don't want to-"

"Yes, I'll come tomorrow as well. Same time." She spoke as she left his art shed.

"Great! Then I'll see you tomorr- and you're gone." He let out a content sigh and went back to painting.

The artist and the raven had been meeting up in the art shed everyday. After a week she'd been able to paint faces. 

Wednesday did the same thing she'd do everyday, get out a clean canvas, a few brushes and start painting. By this time, she knew were all his supplies were so she didn't need to ask him. She even took the time to go out to the supermarket and get a few extra canvases. He didn't mind her using his equipment, he knew she'd come everyday so he was always ready in his shed. They had gotten closer. They knew more about eachother than they used to. He learned she moved on from Tyler and has an eye for someone else now. Xavier told her that since he didn't have feelings for Bianca anymore, he's been attracted to another girl.