rebels

IM BACK. FOR A WHILE ATLEAST. I HOPE YOU ENJOY ANOTHER SONG INSPIRED ONE SHOT <333

its not really THAT inspired but anyways-

song - swim by chase atlantic

----

After last semester's events, being at Nevermore was difficult. Knowing that Wednesday almost lost her life to beating Crackstone on the premises, it felt odd. And the green-eyed boy knew she must be exhausted. The break barely lasted twenty days before they were back to that dreadful school.

Xavier laid in his bed, scrolling mindlessly through Instagram then through his contacts. He came across one, Wednesday's.

Gosh, he hadn't talked to her at all during break. He sat straight up and thought about what he was going to do. He slipped his sneakers on, put on a jacket and left his dorm.

Luckily, he knew a shortcut to not get himself in trouble. Xavier stood outside in the balcony, lightly tapping on the large circular window before a monochrome girl appeared in front of him. 

Oh, my god. Her hair is open

She stepped out into the balcony, looking at Xavier intently, a small smile tugging on her lips.

"Hi." He dryly said.

"Hello."

He laughed at the awkwardness before he asked,

"How've you been? I missed you." The artist looked down at his feet, suddenly feeling a bit self-conscious.

Tudum. Tudum. Tudum.

Her heart banged in her chest, she cleared her throat,

"I've been well. What brings you here?"

He could've sworn her voice was laced with a slightly joyful tone,

"I'd like to propose an idea," he started as she raised her eyebrow, "How about you and me, go out for a drive. You know, do rebellious teenager stuff, have a little fun."

"You and me?"

"Yeah, just me and you."

Wednesday sighed as Xavier prepared himself for her to declin- 

"I suppose, I have nothing exciting to do. Why not?" 

"Great! Let's go!" His smile stretched from ear to ear as he subconsciously held her hand and intertwined their fingers, leaving Wednesday a flustered mess.

"Since when do you own a car?" She questioned as they reached his car. It was a black BMW.

"OH- uhm. I rented it for a while." He pulled open the door to her seat, waiting for her to sit in.

"What's wrong?" Xavier asked, wondering if something's amiss.

"You need to let go. Of my hand." 

He noticed him holding her hand before apologizing as she sat in. Xavier rushed to the driver's seat, still blushing until he was a shade of red.

He drove towards the highway, surprisingly he drove very well. A few moments later he asked her,

"Do you want some boba?"

"I don't know what's this 'boba' you speak of."

"Oh my god?!" He glanced at her repeatedly as he smiled widely.

"You have to try it. I think you'll like it. Its like these chewy balls and it tastes sooo good." They arrived at a 24/7 open boba shop. The amount of color and neon lights used almost made Wednesday scratch her eyeballs out. Xavier went through the drive through as he held two cups of boba in his hand.

Her cup had a label which read as 'Fantasy death chocolate' she took a sip through the big straw as Xavier intriguingly watched her expression switch from confusion to disgust and then back to normal.

"So...does it meet your taste requirements?"

"It does. But what the hell is in it? Eggs?"

He broke into a fit of laughter as he continued driving, he looked at Wednesday and sped up, making her sink in her seat. It felt surreal, being with her and being reckless, together. He took a sharp turn, drawing a laugh from the monochrome girl as she fell out of her seat. God, she was so beautiful. He slowed down, still smiling like a goof. A few minutes later she asked,

"Xavier?"

"Yeah?"

"Can I drive?"

"No way you can drive, you've had that zombie butler drive you around your whole life. But yeah just don't crash the car."

He stopped on the side of the road as they swapped seats. Wednesday had never been more embarrassed. Her feet couldn't reach the pedals.

"Lemme help you." He shifted her seat forward, easing any discomfort caused. The moment he sat back in he was pushed into his seat, she drove way too fast but thankfully didn't make them crash to their death.

"Its considered impolite to stare." Wednesday muttered, her eyes focused on the road. Xavier broke his gaze from her as he wiped his sweaty hands on his jeans.

"You're just too beautiful for me to not stare."

Tudum. Tudum. Tudum.

Her heart was practically climbing up her throat at this point.

"Thank you...I suppose." She muttered quietly.

The tension was thick enough to be cut with a pocket knife by now. Xavier asked to switch seats again, wondering if she'd be able to drive all the way back to Nevermore as it took almost more than an hour.

She agreed as they exchanged seats once again after coming to a halt and they reached Nevermore in an hour. He walked her to her dorm. They stood outside, still thinking about everything, about them.

"So...guess I'll see you..."

"Okay."

It was something about her tonight, she was so pretty, that night he witnessed Wednesday being Wednesday. She stared at him with big doe eyes, and the cutest small smirk plastered on her lips. He couldn't help but smile as she grabbed him by the hem of his shirt and banged her lips onto his.

Xavier's eyes widened before closing and he melted into the kiss. His hand placed on the small of her back and the other one on her cheek.

"Goodbye Xavier." She whispered as she walked into her room,

"Goodbye Wednesday. I love you." He walked away and turned immediately realizing what he said. The raven grinned widely,

"I love you too." She slammed the door shut. Xavier covered his face, he'd just kissed the girl of his dreams.

He'd just said 'I love you' to the girl of his dreams.

And she said it back.

---

this is so short but I think it's sweet. I just wanted something to publish already.

should I do a part two?

IF YOU HAVE ANY STORY IDEAS PLEASE COMMENT 😭

-D