Chapter 4 - Caught In All The Wrong Places

After reviewing the list Rebecca gave me, I head to the kitchen with none other than... you guessed it, Jasmine. She was ranting about how she was going to 'sneak a peak' as she put it, of the king one of these days. I was about to tell her to shut it but when we entered the kitchen I immediately went out and hid around a corner.

Wwwhhhhhhhhyyyyyyy?!?!?!?!

He has been everywhere I've been going today, last night, in the hallway, several times might I add, and now here. Ugh, I can't with this. I peak around the corner to see Jasmine against the wall, trying to sneak a glance at the king. I shot her a warning look of 'don't do it, it's a bad idea' but she didn't listen and tried anyway. She was caught. He looked her direction and she gave a nervous smile, I gave her a look as she made a beeline towards the exit of the kitchen. She got about 5 steps out before she stopped dead in her tracks. In an instant a tentacle looking thing shot out of the room towards her. I didn't move as it penetrates right through her back. Red covering the white on her outfit. She stood there, arms slack as it pulled out. I watch her body fall to the ground in shock. A pool of blood surrounding her dead body with a gaping whole in her stomach. She was gone... in an instant. It retreates back. My breath became ragged as I stared at Jasmin's dead body, wishing I had been a little nicer to her. The king rounds the corner and stops, turning towards me. He walks closer but I refused to look up at him, my head was down as far as it would go and my eye's were closed. I felt his presence close to my face and he growled.

I didn't move.

His hand stops only inches from my head and began retreating back. I glance up and his eyes were focused on Jasmin's body behind him. Confuse, I glanced at her.

She's breathing?!

The King turns and walks towards her. He grabs her by the neck and held her a foot off the floor. Her body dangled as she gasped for air, the King squeezed her neck and she began coughing. Right as I looked away there was a sound.

SNAP

I could have thrown up at the sickening sound of Jasmin's neck breaking. Her body went limp and fell to the floor. That's when I realized, these guys don't play around when it comes to killing, it's just over, that quick. The King turns to me and begins walking. I kept my head down and my mouth shut. Right before I felt his hand at my neck, Rita walked in.

"Hey Jess, have you seen... Jasmin..."

No one moved.

After what felt like a few minutes the king retracts his hand and looks at Rita. She stares back in shock, but recovers quickly. She bows her head. I felt fear for her life. "Would you like me to get rid of her body my king?"

Rita shows her deepest respect as to not get killed. The king looks at Jasmin and back at her. He walks over and whispers something to her. I shot her a look.

Way to go Rita! Nice save!

Rita nods then looks at me. She grabs Jasmin's dead body and carried it out. I sigh in relief. My head began to hurt and I grab ahold of it. Stumbling off the wall and struggling to keep my balance. I groan in pain and begin to sway back and forth. My vision blurs and I see bright lights. I waited for the impact of the floor, but it never came. The last thing I saw before passing out were bright red eye's filled with surprise and curiosity.

~Time skip~

Awaken great worrier... an evil is upon us, you are needed.

I woke with a stir and groan. Opening my eyes there were 13 other pairs on me. When I recall what happened I shot up wide eyed and look around frantically. Jasmine was nowhere to be seen... and neither was Rita.