Chapter 9 - The Bearer of Bad News

I woke up earlier than I expected to. It was odd because I'm not an early bird. Looking at my alarm clock it read 5:30AM, it was the latest I had woken up in a while. I guess it helps not having Rebecca screaming in your ear 3:00 in the morning. I got up and got ready. I pulled out my maids outfit and put it on, Rebecca did good fitting it, despite not having me there. I would say she probably took the measurements from my original outfit. I looked in the mirror and put my hair up. I breathed out a tired sigh and began walking out of the room. There was a sound. It was close to my ear. I turned around and saw nothing, turning back around I opened the door and began my journey to the throne room, where I would be spending most of my time now that I am the personal maid of the King.

POV: Lucifer

I couldn't sleep, not with her intoxicating scent. I know now why I couldn't stay away from her. It's her power, her soul. I never expected to find the blue soul. Yes, there have been some throughout the years. However, she is only the third one I've gotten the curse of meeting. It is quite odd that I would be attracted to her at all. The last one was stupid and fell for me at first sight, the perfect trap. I still have her body hanging on an upside down cross over the Lake of Fire, demons remember, and they laugh. Rightfully so, I didn't know a demon could be that stupid. Another thing I didn't expect from this women was the fact that she is human... very unexpected. I never would have thought to look on Earth, to think a human could hold so much power and not die was impressive. It doesn't matter, I don't want to think about it too much. I've never been so distracted in my life, fucking blue soul. I got up, it was already 3AM. It was normal for me to get up at this hour, but it is not normal for me to stay up all night. Everyday I get up I can feel my power weaken, it is always weaker than the day before. I did not feel like assembling my armor so I went without, I settled for the jeans and tennis shoes. I put on a white v-neck shirt. Rebecca would for sure bitch about my outfit, I was not willing to hear it today. I would have killed her long ago for her attitude, but she is a loyal follower and does a lot around the castle that a queen should be doing. I'm glad to have someone as skilled as her. She shouldn't even be up right now, no one should. Both general Nathan and his brother get a pass. I am glad I saved them, I am content with my decision that day. It was probably, no, it was the best decision I ever made. However, I can not continue to rely on on these people, I need to somehow get the blue soul close to me so I can take her power and restore mine. This prophecy... I refuse for it to come true, she will never take my kingdom, my realm... my home. This is my kingdom, and I refuse to let some human take it from me. Blue soul or not. She has to be vulnerable for me to take her power and destroy her soul. That's the plan today, get her close to me. At least a little trust.

"I will not hesitate to use Rita against you..."

...Shit, I forgot about that. I should probably clear that up with her. Rebecca would turn into a total bitch if I hurt Rita, besides, I've already heard it from everyone, how good of a cook she is. I suppose I should have her as a new cook. Her steak was good. Before I knew it, I was face to face with the throne room door, the only place I can find peace in this loud ass castle. Hell, even the doors are loud... Why did I make them this way? I sat on my throne, admiring the view I had of this place. I took out my phone, since Liam was so insistent that I have one to communicate quicker, and so I don't use so much magic trying to communicate. If there is anything Nathan and Liam have in common besides looks is the constant worry for my safety. I'm not an incapable child, I can handle myself. I suppose they are used to a more powerful version of me. I don't blame them, I miss having so much power at my finger tips... but I'm also used to having none at all and surviving only by instinct and knowledge. So, when I say I know how to handle myself, I know how to handle myself, and well too. It was 5:47AM at the moment, I'm impressed the human hasn't gotten up yet. She is used to getting up early. I checked the cameras set in her room, christ I sound like a creep, but I want to make sure she isn't up to anything. I don't trust her in the slightest. Her room was empty, so was her bathroom.