Chapter 8 - An Awkward Checkup

I remember bits and pieces of the journey here. I look down at my leg to see it completely healed and bandaged. My neck was healed and so were my once bruised ankles. I look over to The King and what I assume to be a doctor, although he looks more like a scientist... and this place looks like a lab. The fuck?

"She is part of their organization master, once she regains her memory completely she will most likely want to return."

"You didn't see it Simon. That girl that attacked her didn't have any intent on being nice. Something tells me she doesn't want to go back. That she escaped."

"Lucifer... she is The Blue Soul, she was made to kill you, to take you down, to wreak havoc on everything in your life. You will lose everything if you fall for her."

"...I don't know Simon, something is not right, why was her memory erased in the first place?"

"I'm not sure, but I think it's due to another demons power, and from what I can see it is likely a shadow." I sat there quietly, not moving a muscle, I wanted to listen in.

"Can you trace it?"

"Of course I can trace it, it may take some time. This magic is old."

"How old??

"About as old as you."

"..."

"I want you to be safe Lucy, and coming from one of the only friends you have, I'm saying this out of care. I don't want you to suffer again. Whoever's magic this is, it is powerful, and they are probably using her to get to you."

"...I know Simon, you Luke and Helena have always had my best interests in mind. Thank you for that, I'm glad I can trust you. I will watch my back for now on." There was an an unspoken silence between them. "I have some important matters to attend to, keep an eye on her. I want to know everything when I get back." I closed my eyes quickly when the king walked passed, he stopped beside me for a second. My heart racing, afraid of what he might do. He continued walking out the door. I lied there motionless, hoping the Scientist, Simon, would leave me be, but alas my wishes were denied. He walked over to me, I could feel his large figure looming over me. He grabbed my arm and took my blood sample, I tried not to jump but he wasn't fooled.

"I know you're awake, eavesdropping isn't something I would recommend you do in the future. I suggest you keep your nose out of other people's business." I opened my eyes wide and looked at him, he was glaring at me.

"Well, you would think that the person you're talking about would have the right to know what you're talking about."

"It doesn't matter."

"It does, what if you were planning to kill me."

"The King would never allow that."

"Well you seem to be adamant about getting rid of me."

"For reasons that don't concern you."

"Because I'm The Blue Soul or whatever the hell that means."

"My point exactly, you don't even know half as much as we do, and at the moment, we don't know a lot."

"THEN WHY ARE YOU EVEN TALKING ABOUT IT?!"

"Because you are a problem waiting to happen." He turned around with my blood sample in his hand.

"What are you doing with my blood?"

"Tracing the magic that is effecting  your brain, this can help me undo whatever was done."

"I...I don't know that I want it back..." He stop, even from halfway across the dark room I could see the surprised expression on his face.

"...What?" I held back a laugh.