Chapter 5 - Misunderstandings

I walked down the hall as the events of last night surrounded my every thought. Rita told me one of the girls was sick and she was going to stay behind and help them get ready to go to the palace doctors and Salem went off with some of the other girls, so I was officially alone for now. I began to clean and completed my list within half a day, nothing interesting happened in between except for some gossip I heard. Not having anything else to do I walked around the palace, mapping out a good escape plan. I stopped walking after seeing a scroll like piece of paper on the ground. Picking it up I began to read it and could tell it was important, it said something about an army and troop numbers... it was in demonic text so I couldn't read it, but the letters looked vaguely familiar.

Could that have something to do with my past life or my memory? I really need to visit the library sometime. I think there's one here.

I was afraid to ask around for where the army general was so I kept the scroll hidden under my skirt. As I continued to walk down the hallway I couldn't help but hear the familiar laugh of a very large giant I met the other day.

He's got to know... should I ask? Would that be suspicious?

Before I could react he turned the corner with the other 4 giants and caught sight of me.

I guess he's the cheery one of the group.

"Hello human, how are you today?" He said with a smile.

"I'm doing fine."

"Good to hear, you looked distracted when I came over, guess your head was a little out there huh."

"Yeah, because yours is so big I wouldn't be surprised if it's all filled with air." He paused, then continued to laugh harder.

"Never thought I'd meet a human with such a snarky mouth." One of the other giants commented. I glared his direction. I couldn't tell if he was annoyed with me or if he despises me. Not that I care.

"That is enough, you all be nice to the lady. She is just passing by and we have places to be, so let us go." They all said their goodbyes to me and headed out. Except for the one who seems to be the oldest of the group.

"I apologize for bothering you my lady, if you do not wish to speak with us you may say so or continue walking. Please do not feel obligated or intimidated in anyway, they will not hurt you." I looked at him in shock, the amount of respect this guy has is insane. The softness in his voice puts me at ease.

"You're fine, I just didn't expect to run into you guys, but I'm glad I did. Do you know where the generals offices is?" He raised a brow.

"Which one?"

Wait.. there's more than one?

"Oh, ummmm, the one who manages the army."

"There are a few of them."

"Oh my lord how many generals do you all have!?"

"Three in army and one in mechanical."

"Uhhhh, the one that's close to the King."

"He is currently in the throne room at the moment, it is where we are headed if you wish to see him. If you can wait please do, it is a very important meeting. As for his office it is upstairs in the far East wing of the castle, right next to the Kings chambers."

Great, just another reason to be so close to him.

"Umm, okay, thank you so much." He nodded at me and left."

...There's an upstairs?

~Time Skip Late Afternoon~

I found the stairs and began walking up them. I passed some guards walking the halls who gave me glances but didn't pay me any mind. After getting lost 3 times and asking for direction from several very skeptical guards, I finally found the generals courters. I followed the stairs leading up to the door. I knocked and no one answered.