Chapter 6 - Countdown to Death

Day 3

I struggled to wake, using all my strength I lifted myself off the bed. Rita came over to help me up.

"Are you ok Jess? Maybe you should take a rest today, let me take care of your list."

"N-no Rita, I-I h-have to, t-to get up." I say with a raspy voice. I begin coughing and became dizzy.

"I'm not giving you a choice Jess, you need to see the doctors, something is wrong with you." Her eyes drifted to my wrapped neck. "What is that?"

I stay quiet, her hand comes up to unwrap it. I try my best to stop her but fail miserably. She gasps.

"JESS! Did... did HE do this?" The anger was evident in her eyes.

"Don't Rita... please. I'll be fine, I'll find a way... Please..." Her anger didn't diminish, but I could tell she trusted me.

"Fine." She helped me get up, during the process Salem came over in a rush to help. She looked at my neck.

"You good Jess, you're not looking too hot..." I nodded at her. She helped me get up.

"You guys go, I'll catch up. Rita can you take care of my list for me?"

"Let me do it." I looked at Salem.

"You guys can split it."

"Sounds good to me." Rita agreed and Salem nodded her head. They went out of the room and left me alone. I made my way slowly to the bathroom and got ready for the day as best I could. I did my best to cover up the dark circles under my eyes. I brushed my hair and teeth then put my clothes on. I walked out the door but closed it as soon as it opened. The king was standing outside the door.

He fucking knew

I stood by the door as it began to open, I did my best to keep it closed but he was stronger than me and pushed it open. I stumbled forward and caught my self before I fell. I turned around and began to back up as he approached me. The back of my knees hit my bed and I fell. He grabbed my legs and pulled me toward him. There is something with sexual positions that we seem to find ourselves in by accident. My legs were spread and he was in between them, he grabbed the top part of my neck and lifted my head up. He unwrapped my wound and began circling his finger around it. I hissed in pain and fought to get his hand off of the wound. I could feel his eyes on my chest.

"If you.. L-like my ch-est so much, t-then t-ake o-off my clothes y-you PERVERT!!!" He looked back at me and his eyes turned to slits. The hand that was on my wound began to slide down my body to my breasts. I squirmed uncomfortable as he groped my breast and squeezed it. I gasp when he slid his hand down even lower. He pushed on my stomach and kept going lower. His hand went all the way down to my mid thigh and stopped. He gripped it, looking down at my breasts and down my body. His eyes returned to normal and softened as he took in my body. He slid his hand back up my leg and began lifting my skirt. I breathed and held my breath but his hand stopped. His eyes returned to slits and hardened, he let go of my neck and backed away from me. I struggled to get up, he put his hand on his head. Turning around, he left. I breathed heavily and got up. I waited about 10 minutes before going out, making sure the coast is clear before entering the hallway. I stumble against the wall and try not to fall, I make my way up the stairs getting weird looks from everyone I passed. I'm almost there when a wave of nausea hit me hard. I begin to fall backwards when a pair of hands caught me. I look up to see the general with a worried look plastered on his face.

"Are you oka-" He stops mid sentence when his eyes land on my neck, I forgot to cover it. His eyes held confusion and then anger. "He hasn't used that in a long time. What did you do to make him do this?"