Chapter 07

Hellion continued to deliver punches to the man, his rage unabated, while I stood frozen, unable to move. The sound of each blow echoed in my ears.

"What should we do? Should we call the police?" I heard a middle-aged woman ask her friend, her voice filled with concern.

"But if we involve the police, we might get into trouble. I don't want to mess with the Sullivans," her friend replied, glancing nervously at Hellion.

"Sullivan?!" The woman's face turned pale, her words trailing off as she chose to remain silent, waiting for someone to intervene and halt the escalating commotion.

Not long after, a familiar voice pierced through the chaos, instantly snapping me back to reality.

"Young Master!"

I turned my gaze towards Hellion's driver, who rushed towards him with a sense of urgency. It was then that I regained my composure and hurried over to their place.

I mentally scolded myself, urging myself to focus.

'Pull yourself together, Shadow!'

Despite his old age, the driver possessed a surprising strength as he attempted to pull Hellion away from his target. Whether it was the driver's physical strengths or Hellion's drunk state, I couldn't determine, but it rendered Hellion unable to resist.

"Young Master, please calm down," the driver pleaded, desperately trying to pacify him and prevent any further outbursts. However, Hellion's anger seemed to consume him entirely, as he continued to struggle against the driver's grip.

"That fucking bastard just spilled on my shirt! You! I will fucking kill you!"

I stood beside them, my presence unnoticed amidst the chaos. As I heard Hellion's childish reason for his violent outburst, the anxiety I had felt earlier transformed into annoyance.

I had expected a more reasonable explanation.

Hellion persisted in his attempts to approach the man, while his driver valiantly fought to hold him back. Unable to bear witness to this situation any longer, I knew I had to intervene before it spiraled out of control.

"Mr. Medel..." The driver's voice trailed off as he paused, turning to look at me. I avoided his gaze, my eyes fixed solely on Hellion.

"So just because someone spills a drink on your clothes, you're going to make a scene? What are you? A child?" My words cut through the air, questioning Hellion's behavior.

"What did you say?!"

"Are you deaf?" I retorted, my tone unwavering, refusing to be intimidated by his volatile temperament.

His annoyance intensified.

"Just who do you think you are, responding to me in such a manner!"

The driver's grip on him weakened as he stepped closer to me, his movements forceful and confrontational.

Without hesitation, I reached into my pocket, retrieved my business card, and presented it to him.

"Allow me to apologize for the delayed introduction, Mr. Hellion Sullivan. I am Chase Medel, your newly appointed personal secretary."

His eyebrows furrowed, a momentary flicker of confusion crossing his features, only to be replaced by a chuckle as if I had just told him a joke.

"As far as I know, I told my brother not to hire another secretary."

I maintained my silence. Hellion scratched his left eyebrow absentmindedly, his countenance suddenly shifting from amusement to seriousness.

"You said you're my new secretary, right?" His voice carried a weight of intensity.

"Yes."

"In that case, you're fired."

He then flicked my business card away, indicating his lack of interest.

Quickly, I retrieved my business card from the ground, brushing off the dust that had settled on it, and presented it to him once again.

"I'm sorry, but you can't. Your brother's secretary was the one who hired me, which means that only Mr. Maximilian Sullivan has the authority to terminate my employment, as he's the one paying me."

His eyes narrowed, a mix of amusement and anger flashing across his face.

"You..." he pointed a finger at me. "I'll pay you more, so just get the hell out of my sight now!"

I stood my ground, knowing that I couldn't back down.

"I can't do that. I have a contract with Mr. Maximilian Sullivan," I replied firmly.

Hellion's gaze bore into me with intense fury, as if he wanted to strangle me.

In my peripheral view, I saw the man he punched a while ago starting to get up and exit the scene. I didn't know if it was a good or a bad thing that his rage had shifted towards me now.

Despite his anger, I refused to back down. I refused to let fear overtake me. I refused to be intimidated by his anger.

Losing this job was not an option.

According to Yarina, Maximilian's secretary, one of my job descriptions is to discipline this man if necessary, he said that Maximillian gave me that authority to limit Hellion's misbehavior.

"Hans," Hellion suddenly called out, without breaking our eye contact.

"Yes, Young Master?"

"The keys."

"But..."

"Give me the keys! Now!" Hellion demanded.

Hans didn't have a choice but to give it to him.

I couldn't help but to heavily sigh.

This kind of behavior is very familiar to me.

Sometimes, when Mauwi feels like she's not winning an argument, she often resorts to being more aggressive before walking away to avoid embarrassment or save her remaining pride.

They are very identical.

After Hellion got the keys, he immediately turned around and started walking towards the stairs.

I sigh again before following him, while Hans stayed behind to pay for Hellion's damages and ensure that none of the incidents would be leaked to the media, including the man Hellion punched.

"Stay here! You still have a photoshoot," I said as I chased after him until we reached the lobby.

He didn't pay attention to me and continued walking.

When he was about to reach the door, I quickly grabbed his wrist, which he instantly shook off to remove my hand from holding him.

How immature!

He opened the door and walked quickly towards the car. Frustrated, I ran to catch up with him and decided to grab his shirt.

"What the fuck is wrong with you?!"

"I told you that you have a photoshoot, you dumb asshole!"

"I don't want to go! Seriously, how dense can you be?!"

I let out a sigh of frustration.

Ha! I applied for the position of a secretary, but it seems like my job will be more like that of a babysitter.

This is surely going to be really tough.

--
UNEDITED