Chapter 04

I woke up to the sound of two voices arguing. Glancing at the clock, it was only six thirty in the morning, and Mauwi was no longer beside me. It seemed she had woken up early just to piss off Liam.

I couldn't make out what they were saying, as I could only hear mumbling. But when I opened the door and saw both of them holding the burgers that Sam gave me yesterday, I already knew the cause of their argument.

"Let's just heat it, Liam!"

"I already told you it's a no."

"But Mauwi wants to eat a burger!!"

"Lower your voice, young lady."

"Liam!"

"No. You can eat cereal. It's too early for junk food."

"Liam!!"

"Stop shouting!"

"LIAAAAM!!!! ARGH!!!!"

I let out a heavy sigh. They always fight over the simplest things.

"What's happening here?" I intervened, stepping in before their argument could escalate further. They both looked at me, and Mauwi immediately ran to me, seeking comfort in my embrace.

"Liam hurt Mauwi," she whispered in her soft voice, clearly looking for someone to take her side.

"What--hey! I didn't do anything," Liam tried to defend himself.

I gently caressed Mauwi's hair. "It's not good to be a liar, Mauwi."

She pouted in response. "Sorry... but Liam is so annoying."

"I agree with Liam. It's too early to eat a burger," I said, trying to remain firm.

"Mommy..." Mauwi pleaded, looking at me with teary eyes. This is why I was hesitant to take the burgers that Sam gave me. Sam knows Mauwi would do anything for her favorite food, and she can't help but spoil her.

I should have hidden the burgers in the oven.

I sighed as I looked at Mauwi, who was on the verge of tears. This kid knows all too well that I can't resist her. "Let's just heat it up so you can have it as a snack in school. How about that?"

Although she was disappointed that I didn't give in to her request, she agreed without further protest.

After their little argument, the three of us sat at the table. Liam cooked breakfast for us--a simple meal of eggs, bacon, and sliced bread. Mauwi chose to eat her cereal.

Liam is a beta and one of the agents with the codename Lunar, but he's the only agent who managed to escape who chose not to be part of our plan. He wanted a simple and normal life.

Leaving wasn't easy for him.

He and Midnight even had a heated argument that turned physical. Despite all our efforts to convince him, he had made up his mind to leave, and there was nothing more we could do.

After his fight with Midnight, he cut off ties with everyone except me.

Since he was my junior and I was the one who taught him how to fight. Over the years, he had come to see me as his older brother. So, when he asked to live with me, I couldn't turn a blind eye and simply refuse.

It was also an advantage for me at that time since I was pregnant with Mauwi and didn't have anyone to rely on.

As time passed, Liam's presence in our lives became invaluable. Mauwi adored him, looking up to him as her trusted confidant and playmate. Their fights became more like sibling squabbles, and I couldn't help but smile whenever I saw them bicker over trivial matters.

Kissed and Marked (BL)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें