♡Chapter-9

9. A total mess!

I kept on walking without turning back

I kept on walking without turning back. What if he is a crazy stalker who wants to kill me? I walked into the building and that's when I saw him right behind me. Adrenaline rushed through my veins. Fight or flight. I choose flight. Time for me to run. I rushed into the elevator and pressed my floor number. As the door was about to close, he entered the elevator. I looked down inorder to escape from his eyes. I really hope he doesn't kill me. I am too young to die. I can't handle him alone. He was too tall and his body was kinda muscular. I looked up and found a CCTV camera. People will know that he was the one to kill me. That means he won't dare to kill me as his identity will be revealed. He didn't press any of the floor numbers. What does that mean?

I got out of the elevator and he was right behind me. I should be courageous. I should die as a warrior. I took the safety knife. I held it tight. Time for the main lead to kill the murderer. 3..2..1..

I turned around pointing the safety knife at him.

"Woah! What happened?" He flinched backwards.

Why is he playing dumb? Do I look dumb? I won't fall for his innocent looks.

"What did you think? You will follow me and I won't know?" I asked.

He walked close to me.

"Step back." I said moving a step back.

"First of all, please put the knife down." He said.

"So that you can take out your weapon and stab me?" I asked.

He smiled heavenly.

"What are you talking about?" He asked.

"I am talking about your plan." I said.

"It's a misunderstanding. I think you are new here. This is my apartment. And I wasn't following you." He said pointing at the door next to me.

"Room 105?" I asked.

He nodded with a smile.

"Hahahha. I- you- m-mi- misunderstanding. I- I am so-sorry." I stammered.

"It's okay. But have I seen you anywhere?" He asked.

"Wait, Aren't you the girl from the library? That day?" He asked.

"Yah. I am." I said.

CAN ANYTHING BE AWKWARD THAN THIS???!!

"You still don't trust me?" He asked, showing his room keys.

"Yah. I am convinced. " I said.

"Then...you can put the knife down." He said and that's when I realized that I was still pointing the knife at him.

I AM AN EMBARRASSMENT!!!

"So you are my new neighbor?" He asked.

I can't talk to him anymore. I had humiliated myself enough for now.