Chapter Eight: "It's alright, Tsuna-nii"

A/N: Today August 11, 2023 I am updating the 8th chapter here in wattpad to let you know that I have posted the latest chapter (chapter 11 which is after Reborn’s interlude but numbered as ch12) in AO3 and FFN.
Yes, i am back to work in this fic YEEHAAAWWWW!!!! 🥳🥳🥳🥳

Chapter Eight: “It’s alright, Tsuna-nii”

Upon his consciousness returning, he felt something prickly on his cheeks, on his arms to his hands, to his knees and to his toes. He couldn't comprehend what it meant, but his awareness grew. He felt the wind fluttering around him, felt the cold breeze on his bare skin, and lastly it made him realize that it was grass prickling on his skin.

His finger twitch once and scrunched his brows in concentration, feeling weighed as if he didn't want to get up.

Tsuna continued his action, tried to move parts where he could, and told himself to open his eyes while his body disobey the command. Time passed or it stopped, he didn't notice. Eventually he managed to open his eyes.

His eyes landed on the sky, it was so clear and no cloud hovering on it, merely the all accepting blue sky. With that beautiful scene straight ahead, his lips curled upward into an involuntary smile and he stared with fondness and certain bewitchment.

The wind came and it felt like cool caress against his skin. The grass around him swayed as if it was dancing on the winds rhythmic music. Tsuna felt at ease. Unconsciously, he closed his eyes, a soft smile present on his visage. When he reopened, he slowly sat, patted his body as he did so. In this new angle, he could see the green meadow and the clear blue sky that stretches in eternity, a never-ending sight around him. He remained sitting, legs crossed, and hands in-between as he gazed around him.

The sight before him gave him contentment; it settled his heart, made him content to keep staring ahead. It was just him and the lovely scene around him. It was enough for a smile to appear on his lips. He felt belonging. He was supposed to be here.

One second and the next, someone had appeared as if the boy had been here all along. The boy, the little child wore a cow pattered onesie, matching tail wagging on its back, and a pair of yellow horn attached on his curly black hair. The boy's eyes were the greenest green he ever saw, it was – familiar – emerald green, but he could see it was glowing.

The boy looked at him and solely at him with an intensity shared between souls. In those glowing emerald eyes, he could see a man at the end of his adult life with spiky brown hair and caramel-brown eyes glowing with orange hue. Tsuna could see himself reflected on those eyes.

The boy before him gave an innocent smile and he could feel a pang of emotion on his heart – it hurts Tsuna misses his… – before it disappeared just how quick it appeared.

Another figure appeared and it became a woman with green emerald eyes. Her curly black hair runs below her shoulder. He looked back to the little kid and could see the similarity between the shape and color of their eyes, and the same color of hair. She was standing next to her son, and he had to crane his neck upward to see her face. He stood up but he was at the same eye level as the child, and had to lift his chin to properly look at the woman. Why was he short…?

The woman looked at him and smiled heart-warmingly.

At first, the brunet was confused, not knowing why she was smiling at him in the first place however, there was a sudden happiness surging on his heart at the sight of that smile. Tsuna's smile widened, accepting her smile with gratitude and so much love.