Chapter One: It should have been the end

A/N: This story is not beta edited in any way or form. If you caught any grammar mistake, wrong sentence structure etc, please let me know where so I can fix it. I have no idea how wattpad works so I will use the tags I usually use on AO3.

One time disclaimer: I do not own Katekyo Hitman Reborn

Green Eyes

Chapter One: It should have been the end

Tsuna was dying of old age. Despite feeling sad for leaving his family behind, he already had lived a blissful yet rowdy life full of chaos and everything else mixed in. He also felt that his time was coming to its end. Maybe, he would get to meet his tutor in the afterlife.

When he opened his eyes next what he didn't expect was to see the familiar white lights coming from an operating room of a hospital. He had lost count on how many times he had been admitted that he could recognize a hospital by the shape of the lighting alone even if his sight were blurred.

Along with his sudden awareness of his surrounding, he heard a loud crying of an infant. It took him trying to talk, move his mouth, and choke out a voice on his throat before he noticed that every time he did the baby's cries just went louder. Tsuna realized it was he who was crying. A single question immediately struck him speechless.

What?

It was followed by a barricade of questions that ended with -

...Why did he become an infant?!

Someone lifted him up, the person came into his view, and he saw that it was a man clad in the familiar white clothes and blood painted gloves - a doctor. Ryouhei's face in his memories peaked at the forefront of his mind and vanished within second.

He immediately noticed that everything was bigger and brighter too, it made him blink his eyes trying to rid of blurriness and brightness on his eyes that wouldn't leave.

Why is he in a child's body?

The doctor lifted him towards an unfamiliar woman with curly black hair. His sight was blurred but he could still pick out her features. She was clearly exhausted but a smile was on her lips. Her smile got wider and her green eyes twinkled when she had him in her arms. At the warm hands around him, his crying had seized to a stop and he stared at the woman.

"Madam, he's a healthy boy." The doctor said in Italian and the usage of that language confused him a little.

The unfamiliar woman was still smiling and with shaking hands cradled him near her bosom then said in an emotional voice. "I'm so glad."

"What would you name your child, Madam?" The doctor asked.

I am her... child? Tsuna thought confusedly while he blinked his eyes, trying to get rid of the tears building because of the light and fight back the sudden exhaustion of his body.

The woman turned at the man with a smile and cradled him closer. He could feel how warm it was. It opted him to unconsciously flutter his eyes close. He felt like he would lose this battle of remaining awake as slumber seemed to be appealing right now.

"Lambo... His name is Lambo."

His ears twitched with bewilderment and soon his eyes snapped open, sight oddly focused towards the beautiful woman. His exhaustion still there and even though he felt like sleeping right now, he forced this body not to.