~ Chapter 1 - A New Beginning ~

I quickly grab my luggage out from the trunk of the taxi as the rain starts to fall, causing us to rapidly get soaked. It's so chilly today, even though it's the middle of May. That's one more thing to add to my 'Top 100 Reasons Why I Hate London' list.

Both my aunt and uncle have been busy with work over the last couple of days which unfortunately meant that I had to travel into the city with my brother, by ourselves. 

I peer up at the towering concrete apartments surrounding us. It confuses me why they make all the buildings identical. It's like they don't have any creativity at all. Everything here is so hectic and the streets are piled with litter. People shout like it's their last day alive and everyone is incredibly rude. But this is my new living space, and I can't do anything about it.

I don't think I could ever bring myself to call this my 'Home'.

Not after what happened to my last one.

" Hurry up, sis! The rain monster is gonna get ya!"

I turn my attention to my ten year old brother, Baliyo, who is running ahead of me with a playful grin plastered on his face. His curious, dark chocolate eyes sparkle with joy as his messy, dark brown mullet flows behind him. Although he acts quite immature for his age, he means the world to me. Sometimes it seems like he can make all my problems go away. Even if it's just for a little while.

I teasingly roll my eyes at him before reluctantly making my way to the entrance of the building.

~~~~~
♡♡♡
Sorry for the short chapter 😅
The next one will be longer, I promise!!!
Hope u enjoyed it, tho :D