~ Chapter 5 - Pilot ~

Carefully, I start to apply my mascara onto my lashes while observing myself in the mirror.

Today's weather is going to be pretty warm compared to yesterday, so I've decided to wear a denim scirt with a purple, cropped shirt. Nirmala's not going to be happy, but i guess she'll just have to suck it up.

I fiddle around in my makeup bag for the right shade of blush. I don't usually wear makeup, but since I'm going out, I thought I might as well.

As I switch out the mascara for my blush, someone knocks on my door. "Come in." I say while applying the pink powder onto my dark bronze skin.

From the mirror's reflection, I see Surak enter my room. He's in his Pilot's uniform, and his hair is neatly combed back. When he takes notice of what I'm doing, his eyes widen in shock.

"You're... wearing makeup..?" He asks, totally stunned. "Alright, where's the real Rani?!" He calls out to no one in particular.

I snicker at his foolishness and toss the small pillow from my chair at him,-which he swiftly dodges. "Do you need something?" I say in a jokey manner.

He rolls his eyes in return and walks up behind me, takes the comb from my desk, and starts to brush gently through my frizzy, chocolate brown hair. A calm feeling takes me over, and I can't help but smile.

"You're beautiful, you know that?" He tells me in his soothing voice.

"I know." I say quickly with a cocky smirk.

He nods with a grin. "Good. I just wanted to make sure you knew."

After about two minutes of calm brushing, he props the brush down next to my other things and wraps his arms around me while laying his head on my shoulder.

"How have you been feeling lately?" He asks caringly.

I click my tongue and look down at my desk, thinking of an answer. "Better than yesterday." I tell him with a cheerful expression.

"That's nice to hear."

He slowly releases me from the hug and plants a small kiss on my cheek. "Alright, I'm off. I'll see you tomorrow, Princess. Enjoy your day with Nirmala."

I put on a fake smile to hide the fact that I don't want him to go. I always get so anxious when I know he's working. I mean, the guy flies Planes for a living. I think I have the right to be worried.

"O-okay, bye."

He gives me a small wave before disappearing out the door. I sigh to myself, silently hoping to the Great Kings that he'll be alright.

~~~~~
***
Just a short, sweet chapter for today :)
I hope you enjoyed!
As always, leave a review and if you have any questions, ask and I will try to answer!
See you in the next chapter 😁