Chapter 14 (Attack)

Nandral and Robin looked at each other as barrage of fireballs fell from the sky. Instantly, Nandral knew it was the wizards that was behind the attack in their village. Growling he looked at Robin and carried him back to their home. Once there, he settled him down and gave him a quick peck on the lips before trying to leave. But, Robin grabbed a hold of one of his long fingers.

"Where are you going?" The boy asked with worried eyes.

"I'm going to fight and protect my home. You stay here, okay? I'll be back soon," He patted his head.

"But, I can help. I've been getting quite used with my power as the savior. And I know quite a useful spells," Robin tried to persuade him to let him come. But Nandral insisted he stayed and left.

Running through where the battle was taking place, he carried his large axe with him and met with the other warriors. He tried to look for the enemy but he saw none.

"Where are they!?" He asked.

"They must be hiding their presence with magic! Which is why it's hard to fight them when you can't really see them!" One warrior answered.

Nandral thought of a plan that might help them find the wizards, and there his axe around like a boomerang. It spinned around furiously and found its way back to him. "They're not on the ground. Aim for the sky!"

Some warriors began throwing large spears in the air and sure enough, a barrier blocked quite a number of them. Proving Nandral's thought of them being the air correct.

"That one orc, isn't he a bit too smart?" One wizard spoke.

"Look at all that hideous scars in his scars in his body. Of course, his face is more hideous, but I guess he's survived many battles," Another one spoke.

"Silence! Focus on our mission! We need to retrieve the true savior and bring him back into the temple!" The one in the front yelled at the rest of his fellow wizards.

Days ago, the high priest came to the magic tower asking the head mage for help in retrieving the other person summoned during the ritual. The relationship between the tower and temple isn't really good, but as long as they have common enemies they can work together. And right now they must complete the mission given to them.

"It's no use hiding. Dispel the cloaking spell. And on my count let us all cast a lightning spell. Ready!"

"Raging winds of the sky, we accept your rage. We summon thee lightning!"

A strong lightning strike the ground where the orcs were firing against the wizards and some was hit, gaining quite the amount of injuries.

"So long as those cowards are in the sky we stand no chance!" An orc helping an injured brother of his said.

"The savior! He can help! He can use magic can he?"

"No! Are you so weak that you need to rely on a human in battle? Did I train you to be like that?!" Nandral yelled.

"No, great commander!"

"Then fight!" What the orc warrior said was true. With Robin's help they can indeed manage to fight against the wizards. But, Nandral didn't want him to be in any sort of danger. If he could we would lock him up. But his tribe has certain expectations for Robin and he for so long managed to avoid it. But it seems to be getting harder by the day. 

While Nandral may be possessive of Robin, and even though he has thoughts of keeping him to himself all alone. He also genuinely cares for the boy's safety. Which is why as much as possible he will fight all battles he needs to, just so that no harm will come to Robin.

Meanwhile, the wizards in the air talked amongst each other. "We won't know where the savior is just by attacking?"

"I agree. We need to think of a plan."

Just as the leader was about to think of one, a large magic circle appeared in the sky encompassing the entire forest. One wizard was shocked upon seeing the symbols drawn on the circle as he was familiar of what it was.

"Everyone! Teleport back into the tower, quick! Before it takes-" Before he can finish all of them landed in the ground one by one.

"What happened?! My magic! It isn't working!" One wizard asked in a panic.

"It must be that magic circle. I know that symbol. I read it in a book. Once activated it will render all the wizards present in a certain location unable to utilize their magic -except for the caster."

"So, basically you guys are at our mercy, now?" A deep inhuman voice interrupted.

A group of orcs surrounded the wizards who trembled in fear. Left unable to use their magic they have no way of protecting themselves from the large brutes.

"But, the magic circle can only work on one people! To make one that big that caster has to be an exceptionally strong wizard."

Nandral immediately thought of Robin. Could he be responsible for helping them?  "You guys! Do whatever you want with them! As of now they are our prisoners!" Nandral said before departing.

The wizards all trembled in fear as the orcs closed in on them with terrifying smiles in their monstrous sculpted faces.

Once Nandral came back, he saw Robin outside of the house enclosed in a magic circle that was the same as the one in the sky. Robin who was focusing intensely sensed Nandral's arrival and looked at him.

"Is it over? Did the magic circle work?" Nandral nodded at him.

Robin smiled and rushed towards him, letting himself be encased by his strong muscular arms. He smelled of sweat from battle, but it didn't stop him from burying his face into his chest.

"You were of great help to us, little one," He praised him as he stroke the back of his head.

"Then, can I get a reward?" Robin looked up at him.

"Sure. A good boy like you deserves every reward there is," With one long finger he tipped his chin upward and gave him a kiss.

Guess whose back!? Sorry! It took me months to upload.  Real life's problems been hectic. And it caused me to have bad writer's block for so long. But with only a few days remaining for school. I suddenly became inspired again? Hahha. Hope you enjoyed this chapter. And reminder. Though it might took me long to update. I have no intention of ever dropping this story.