'aw

Hello everyone. I hope everyone is well and having a good day. This is a book that I started writing completely out of boredom and that I want to write as I write. I hope you will like it. By the way, the first chapter may have been a little simplistic. Don't be fooled by the first chapter. Other chapters are better.

NOTE: English is not my native language. So I'm sorry if there are any mistakes you may encounter.

08/12/23

------------

"Lidya, I think I won't be able to do this properly."

I rolled my eyes at Zao'fili's sixth mishap. Since morning, we've been trying to repair fifteen baskets and a hanging decoration given to us by Head Weaver Sorewn. However, due to my dear friend Zao'fili's unnecessary excuses and drowsy demeanor, lunchtime is approaching and we still haven't finished. Letting out a frustrated sigh, I picked up a stone from the ground and threw it at her. With a sudden reflex, she dodged the stone.

"Quit complaining for once and focus on your work, skxawng. It's like I love weaving these." I retorted.

She turned grumpily and continued working. The two of us were focused on repairing and weaving the items on the small 'ewrang (loom), when suddenly, a tall, burly Na'vi man entered the room. His eyes scanned the area and found me, and he called out to me with a weary expression.

"Hey you, tawtute (human). Follow me. Olo'eyktan wants to see you."

Everyone stopped their work and looked at me. Olo'eyktan? Why does Jake Sully want to see me? I wonder if I broke some rule again and he's calling me to scold or punish me.

Setting aside what I was doing, I shot Zao a reassuring look and began following the Na'vi. As we arrived at Olo'eyktan's tent-like dwelling, we were about to enter when Neteyam emerged from inside with a burst of frustration. Both the Na'vi man and I startled, bowing our heads and stepping aside for him to pass. However, Neteyam remained rooted in place instead of moving. Unable to resist, I lifted my head slightly and glanced at him. Our eyes met briefly before he broke the gaze and swiftly left the area. What was up with these actions and behaviors? I had no clue. I hope it's not something bad.

Once Neteyam was gone, I entered the tent with the man. As soon as I entered, I was met with Neytiri's gaze. Knowing her disdain for humans, I kept quiet and showed respect. At least now she doesn't raise a fuss about it with me either. After that tense and assertive argument - well, let's call it a disagreement - we had declared a truce of sorts toward each other.

When we entered, Jake was rubbing his temples with his fingers, looking quite tense. I hope this won't work against me. The Na'vi next to me greeted and addressed Jake, "Oel ngati kameie, ma Olo'eyktan. I brought her as you requested."

Jake withdrew his hand from his forehead and looked at me. A smile, even if forced, appeared on his face.

"Alright, Ki'an. You can go back to your duties."

As the large, intimidating Na'vi named Ki'an - whom I had learned the name of - turned and left, Jake stood up and walked over to me. He placed his hands on my shoulders, encouraging me to stand straight. I looked at him in bewilderment.

"Lidya, welcome. Come, let's sit over here. Neytiri and I have something we need to discuss with you."

I followed his lead and sat on the cushions near the fire. Neytiri remained silent and took a seat farthest from me but close to Jake. Jake picked up the bowl of fruit in front of us and extended it towards me.