vomun

If you like the chapter, don't forget to comment and like it.  Thank you 💙

-----

Summary:

After a lot of chaos, Lidya experiences calm for a few hours.  Little by little, the secrets she has kept for a long time are being revealed, and although this relieves Lidya, she is also stressed that her enemies will find out about it.  For now, her goal is to find Pa'li's killer.  But will she be able to find it?  If she can find it, what will be her next plan and purpose?

09/19/23

--------

13 Years Ago

"Ha ha, you can't catch me!"

"Come here, Lo'ak!"

How can he run so fast? This isn't fair. I want to run that fast, too. I want long legs like that. Lo'ak and I were playing a game. Then he started cheating. He always does this and ruins all the fun. That's why I get so angry with him. Besides, Jake is really mad at me after today's incident. I accidentally I dropped the red paint can on the floor. There was red paint everywhere. That's why he was mad with me. I don't want him to be mad at me again. I want him to smile at me. Lo'ak climbed up a tree branch. Then he stood on the branch, sticking his tongue out at me. Hey! You're so annoying, Lo'ak!

"Cut it out, Lo'ak. Give me back my paintbrush. It's mine! Norm gave it to me."

I yelled in frustration. Lo'ak laughed at what I said and made fun of me because I couldn't get my paintbrush back. I screamed in anger and threw a rock at Lo'ak that I found on the ground. Lo'ak quickly dodged the rock, but he lost his balance on the branch while trying to keep his balance. As he struggled to maintain his balance, he dropped my paintbrush. When it fell onto the grass, I made a quick move to grab it. Lo'ak, on the other hand, jumped down from the branch. I was about to grab it when Lo'ak acted faster, snatched it, and started running again. I tried to chase him from behind, but he had already disappeared from my sight. I ran among the trees, searching for him. I looked for him for a long time, but I couldn't find him. To make matters worse, I got lost. The eclipse was about to happen, and I had started to get scared. My heart was pounding from fear. Finally, I gave up looking for Lo'ak and sat down at the base of a tree. I rested my head on my knees and began to cry. What was I going to do now? Night would fall soon, and the monsters would start coming out. They would eat me. With this thought, I became even more frightened and cried harder. I must have made too much noise while crying because I started hearing sounds coming from the bushes on my right. As soon as I heard the sound, I stopped crying. In fear, I hid behind the tree where I was sitting. Just as I was about to peek around to see who it was in the bushes, someone came from my behind and covered my mouth with their hand. I screamed suddenly, but it came out muffled because my mouth was covered. I began to struggle desperately, and the person behind me released me. I quickly turned around and saw an unfamiliar sky person. I took a few steps back out of fear, but another sky person came from behind and stopped me. I screamed and threw myself to the ground. The sky person in front of me covered his ears suddenly and looked at me, then he spoke.

"Hey! Stop screaming, little girl. Your voice is so high-pitched."

He said, still rubbing his ears. The sky person who came from behind looked at me attentively. Then he turned to his friend and spoke.

"Is this the girl we're looking for?"

He asked with suspicion. The sky person with the deaf ear quickly replied.

"Most likely. Which little girl would be out here at this hour? Besides, why are we looking for the girl? It's Liz who lost her. Why isn't she searching?"