mrr

If you like the chapter, don't forget to comment and like it. Thank you 💙

08/27/23

-----

Summary:

Lidya and Neteyam meet to talk at the secret place where they played when they were kids. What will happen between them after this meeting?

-------

Laughter filled the air around us. People around us raised their eyebrows and looked at us. I lowered my head and apologized to them. They went back to their work.

"What? I can't believe it. Did he really do that?"

Zao said, laughing even harder. This time, the people around us started to complain, but Zao didn't seem to care at all. After turning away from Jake, I found myself sitting and chatting with Zao in the weaving tent. I was telling her about the funny moments I had with Sully kids when they visited me while I was bedridden. She always enjoyed hearing such amusing stories.

"Yeah, that's Lo'ak as always. He's quite the character."

Zao managed to calm herself down a bit and picked up a cup-like plant tea container, taking a sip. Then she picked up her weaving where she had left off. I continued to tell her about the recent events.

"Then, Max came to my room. He told me I was recovering and could go outside. So here I am. I stopped by Jake's before coming here. He told me I need to protect myself from external threats from now on and gave me a handmade knife."

Without taking her attention off her weaving, Zao responded.

"Thank goodness you visited Olo'eyktan and he saw you well. He's been extremely tense lately. He was looking at everyone suspiciously. Everyone was on edge. I can't say I wasn't worried either."

I smiled and looked at her. I took out the knife and showed it to her. She smiled and examined the knife.

"It's nice. It will serve its purpose for now. Usually, every warrior makes their own knife from materials they find. I'm sure you'll do the same someday."

She said in a sweet tone. Taking another sip of her tea, she returned to her work. She was trying to improve herself these days. She didn't even ask for my help. As she worked, I couldn't help but ask her about the person who had been on my mind lately and was confusing me.

"Well... um, how was Neteyam while I was gone? What did he do?"

I tried to hide my curiosity in my tone, adding a fake sense of indifference. I couldn't let her know how curious I was; otherwise, Zao would talk about this topic all day long. When I asked, Zao looked at me from the corner of her eye, setting aside her weaving for a moment.

"What's going on? Why are you suddenly curious about someone you haven't cared about for a long time? Hey! Don't you dare tell me you've started to like him just because he saved you that day. I swear, I'll smack you with the back of my hand if you say that, Lidya!"

I stared at her with my mouth open. How could she even think that? I simply asked about his well-being while I was gone. What's wrong with that? Wait a minute... Lidya, you're so stupid! Why are you asking about the well-being of someone you hate for no reason! Idiot! Of course, she might misunderstand, but she didn't need to react that strongly. I raised my eyebrows and looked at Zao.

"Zao, does what you say enter your ears as well, my dear friend? How could you even consider such a thing? Don't you know me?"

I said, disappointment evident in my voice. Zao looked at me for a few seconds before returning to her weaving without saying a word.