kinä

If you like the chapter, don't forget to comment and like it. Thank you 💙

09/02/23

-----

Summary:
Lidya is trying to get used to her new avatar body. She even gets the attention of everyone.

---------

"Hey, guys. Could you slow down a bit, please? I can't walk as fast as you do."

As I said that, Kiri came over with a smile and stood by my side. She slipped her arm under mine and helped me walk. After successfully completing my first connection to the avatar body in the lab, the Sully children had taken me outside immediately. They were all happier and more excited than I was. Spider had opted to stay back at the lab. Although they didn't know that I would have an avatar body, Lo'ak had told them that I had been feeling lonely in my human body and that's why I had asked Max for an avatar body. He wasn't pleased about having to lie, but he had promised to keep my secret and assured me that he would maintain it for a long time. It turned out I had underestimated him. He truly was a good friend and confidant. Now, we were all heading towards the clan together. Instead of taking the shorter route, they had led me on a longer path. They emphasized that it was important for me to practice walking and maintaining my balance. I climbed trees, grasped onto thick, sturdy vines, and crossed bridges made of thick tree branches. I was slowly learning to control my balance. After a long effort, we finally reached the clan. As we walked, the Na'vi people around us looked at me in astonishment. Some of them didn't even recognize me. Since it was evening on Pandora, everyone was heading to their kelku to prepare their meals. Therefore, we went to Sullys' kelku. Tuk entered first and started screaming in joy. Inside the kelku, Neytiri was preparing the food, and Neteyam and Jake helping her.

"Mom, dad, big brother! Look who we brought."

Tuk said, pointing towards the entrance of the kelku. When they saw me, linked arm in arm with Kiri, they froze for a moment. Jake looked at me and smiled. At first, Neytiri didn't recognize me, but when she did, she smiled and got up, walking over to me. Neteyam, on the other hand, had his eyes wide open in astonishment. He was staring at me without moving. From time to time, his eyes would scan my body. Overwhelmed by the attention, I lowered my head slightly in embarrassment. Neytiri held onto my arm and guided me to an empty mat beside Neteyam. Oh, um, couldn't I sit somewhere else? Neytiri gently pushed my shoulders, urging me to sit down. So, even though I didn't want to, I ended up sitting on the mat. When I looked at her, she had a slight grin on her face. She had intentionally made me sit here. Kiri sat down on my left side, and Lo'ak sat next to her. Jake sat across from me, and Neytiri sat beside him. Tuk nestled himself between his mother and Neteyam. I was extremely tense. All eyes were on me. Jake, understanding the situation, cleared his throat and began speaking.

"Lidya? How do you feel? Is there any issue with your new body?"

He said in a serious tone. Before answering him, I raised my hand and moved my fingers. After making sure of myself, I responded.

"No, there's no issue. I'm just a bit thirsty."

Kiri immediately got up and went to get me some water. Wow, I wasn't expecting such a quick response. Taking advantage of the opportunity, I looked around. Neytiri was preparing cooked meats, with Tuk helping her. Neteyam was sitting quietly, looking down at his hands. Lo'ak was eating nuts he had found in a corner. When Kiri returned with a bowl of water, she slapped Lo'ak on the head.

"Skxawng! We're about to eat. Why are you eating those?"

She said angrily. Lo'ak glared back at her and started rubbing the spot where she had slapped him. After chuckling at their interaction, I began to drink my water. As I was drinking, Jake continued talking to me.