vol

If you like the chapter, don't forget to comment and like it.  Thank you 💙

09/12/23

-----

Summary:
A'ina doesn't know how to stop. She continues to attack Lidya, but this time it's contactless. How will Lidya survive this attack?

--------

"How can something like this happen?!!"

Jake's loud and angry voice echoed throughout the kelku. He was pacing back and forth, slamming his feet on the ground, first to the right and then to the left. Everyone stood silent, watching him from a distance.

"Who dares to do something like this? Who?!"

Neytiri slowly approached Jake and took hold of his arm. Jake, however, avoided making eye contact with her.

"Ma Jake, you need to stop yelling and try to calm down a bit."

She said, raising an eyebrow and sending him a warning look. Jake rubbed his face with his hand, then turned to respond.

"How can you expect me to calm down, Neytiri? Whoever this person is, they've fixated on Lidya. Not only that, they dared to enter my kelku without permission and commit such an abomination when no one else was around. In my kelku, the Olo'eyktan's kelku!"

Neytiri didn't say anything. There was nothing to say because Jake was right. This was a major scandal and unacceptable. After a few seconds of silence, just as I was getting used to it, Jake suddenly turned towards Neteyam and me and yelled at us. Jake's abrupt shout made me jump in my place.

"You two! You know who did this, don't you? You've been acting strange lately and keeping it from me for a long time. Who is this person? Tell me now!"

I immediately lowered my head and avoided Jake's gaze. I turned my head slightly to the side and glanced at Neteyam. Unlike me, he held his head high, his face showing no emotion, and he was looking directly at his father. Drawing courage from him, I slowly raised my head. Neteyam was about to speak when I quickly intervened.

"Jake, we don't know who this person is either. That's why we were investigating. But they must have realized we were looking into it, and as a threat, they left this message."

I tried to sound as serious as possible. Jake, upon hearing my response, angrily snorted through his nose and shot us with a withering glare. As his gaze shifted away from us, I subtly released the breath I had been holding. At least I had diverted his attention from us. I glanced at the person whose touch I still felt in my hand. Neteyam had been holding my hand quietly, gently stroking it to help keep me calm. Neytiri approached Jake slowly and began massaging his shoulders with her hands. With Neytiri's massage, Jake's anger seemed to subside a bit, and he took a deep breath. Then, he looked at each of us and began speaking.

"Throw that bedding directly into the fire and burn it. Lidya should sleep somewhere else tonight. We'll deal with this issue in detail tomorrow."

Jake ordered, and then, as best as he could, went towards his hammock to sleep. After Jake left, Lo'ak took the bedding and threw it into the fire nearby, which resembled a large campfire. Kiri and Neytiri were cleaning up the area, and Neteyam took me by the hand and led me outside. When we stepped outside, he slowed his fast pace and turned his steps towards the forest. Without hesitation, I followed him. We were still relatively close to the clan. The bioluminescent lights illuminated the surroundings since it was nighttime. Normally, this would have delighted me, but right now, I was in no mood for happiness.

When we reached a stream's edge, Neteyam immediately stopped. He let go of my hand and sat down on the soft earthy ground. I quickly joined him, sitting beside him. He picked up some stones from around us and threw them far away. Then he lay down, resting his head on his arm. With his other arm, he gently pulled me, so I lay down beside him. Propping myself up on my elbow, I started looking at him. Neteyam remained completely silent, lying there with his eyes closed. His face was calm, showing no hint of emotion. I felt compelled to speak up.