pukap

If you like the chapter, don't forget to comment and like it. Thank you 💙

08/30/23

-----

Summary:
Lidya learns a big secret. She knew that this secret she had learned would have a profound effect on her life.

-------

The voices coming from outside my room had once again disrupted my precious sleep. I just wanted one uninterrupted night of sleep. Just one time. With a sigh, I got out of bed. After taking care of business in my small bathroom, I put on a pair of shorts and a t-shirt. In the early hours of the morning, I stepped out of my room to find out who was responsible for this racket. As I entered the main area, I wasn't surprised to see the source of the noise. Well, I said "source," but it was actually two sources. Lo'ak and Spider.

The two of them were making noise while circling around Max. Max, on the other hand, was frantically saying, 'Don't touch them. Please, they are precious.' Norm hadn't returned from his task yet. I rolled my eyes and looked at the two skxawngs who were grinning and fooling around in front of me. Troublemakers.

"I was wondering who woke me up from my precious beauty sleep. Of course, it's you two skxawngs."

Upon my comment, they stopped giggling and looked at me. Lo'ak grinned and approached me, draping his arm over my shoulder. I furrowed my brows and pushed his arm off my shoulder. In response to my action, Lo'ak glanced at Spider and playfully nodded towards me, chuckling. Seemed like he was in the mood to tease and have fun with someone today.

"I see, Miss Ugly Face isn't in a good mood today. What happened?"

He said and followed behind me as I walked away. Ignoring him, I took some pre-packaged frozen food from the fridge and put it in the microwave. Of course, my mood wasn't good. I hadn't slept a wink all night. The bones of my hand were aching. It was like rheumatic pain. At the same time, I thought of A'ina all night. I pondered over what I should do about her. A few ideas came to mind, but I needed to do other things before I could implement them. My mind was so confused. When the microwave beeped, I opened the door, retrieved the food, and sat down at the table. As I tried to open the package, I continued talking to Lo'ak.

"It seems your mood isn't great today either. Because you're trying to pick fights and have fun with people."

Lo'ak looked at Spider, and then they both burst into laughter.

"Oh no. Quite the opposite, I'm really happy today. I'm sharing my happiness with people."

He said with a grin. He tried to pull a nearby chair back to sit down, but due to his large size, the chair seemed small for him. Taking a bite of my food, I looked at him. He was looking at me too. I winked at him, signaling him to spill the beans. Lo'ak's grin widened, and he started to talk. Unlike other Na'vi, Lo'ak could understand human facial expressions quite well.

"Yesterday evening, after you went to the lab, Spider and I went to the place where you got beaten up and did some investigating."

I scolded him and threw the spoon I found on the table at him. With a quick reflex, he dodged the spoon, but it hit Max's back. When Max turned around with surprised eyes to see who had thrown the spoon, I quickly apologized to him. Without saying anything, he turned back and continued his work. I swear, today Lo'ak was going to be the source of all my troubles. Just as I opened my mouth to take a bite of my food, I finally understood what Lo'ak had said earlier. I had only focused on the part where I got beaten up. I was frozen for a few seconds with my mouth open. What? They did investigate? I put my food down on the table and playfully hit Lo'ak's arm with the back of my hand. I diverted his attention from Spider to me.